Do you still believe in God?

by FormerlySandL 162 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Acts5v29
    Acts5v29

Respectfully nicolaou, as I've already shown, intervention before the due time will ensure that those evil actions continue without end.

If you do not like the idea of God, then be my guest - don't believe in Him - but do not slander Him or me in your angst

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I cant say I believe in a god(s) but I understand why the writings in the bible were done so with their expressive intent of why they were written. Human ignorance is an undeniably observable fact within the history of mankind..

The endeavoring attempt to connect with the heavenly agents to help mankind with all of its endearing perils has been going on for very long time as this still goes on to this day.

I certainly do not believe that there is one singular person or a group of men who self proclaim that they have been selectively chosen by a heavenly agent as spiritual connected seers, as what can be observed in the JW religion.

• juandefiero
    juandefiero
    Respectfully nicolaou, as I've already shown, intervention before the due time will ensure that those evil actions continue without end.
    If you do not like the idea of God, then be my guest - don't believe in Him - but do not slander Him or me in your angst

Why haven't you answered the question about God intervening like he did in the Bible?

Just explain ONE. The Flood. If you've shown God can't intervene, why did he intervene in Noah's day?

I guess God can't break his rules (except when he breaks his rules) but when he breaks those rules, he's not really breaking the rules because he makes the rules to begin with.

• Acts5v29
    Acts5v29

Good afternoon WasanElderOnce,

Hey Acts5v29, the Bible is a collection of books written over 1500 years by 40 different authors. This "theme" you speak of is a construct as they had no collaborative effort in writing these hand picked "books" compiled by power hungry dogmatists in 375 A.D..

The theme I spoke of is from one scripture - Genesis 2:17 - which basically declares that Mankind would come to its demise if it were to go independent from God. One scripture, the entire theme.

The climate crisis is proving we cannot survive, and God's intervention will prove th second part of that prophecy - one scripture, the entire theme. The combining of the Tanakh with the later books is not an issue here.

• theliberator
    theliberator
    I most certainly do. But after leaving the Watchtower, I learned quickly that I never knew what real faith was. The Watchtower is a loud voice that screams day and night. Due to group dynamics, and the apparent "evidence" that they are God's people and we lived in the last days, it is easy to say you have faith in the Bible. But then after you are out, the Bible becomes this much quieter book that sits on a shelf that many choose to ignore. It only speaks when you take time to open it and meditate on it. I personally read everything I could get my hands on. Both pro and anti God. I wasn't afraid. But as the year went by, God was a constant voice that could not be ignored. I did not abandon him quickly, even though I read many things and had to test my faith. I would simply relax and read everything and allow his spirit to guide me. And what I found was truly amazing. All of my major questions were answered. I found a peace of mind that I never had with the Watchtower. Jesus said: John: 6. 44. "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him." I began to see that this was something that I wasn't going to find proof of online. If we allow time, we experience the truthfulness of these words. But if we are not patient, and we expect God to give us this great sign, it is not going to happen. But it is the little things that we discern through his word that saves us. When I left the Watchtower, I was very depressed and alone. Did not know where or what to do. I knew I was losing all family and friends. But one evening, I opened my Bible and I ran into these verses. John: 9. 34. They answered him, "You were altogether born in sins, and do you teach us?" They threw him out. 35. Jesus heard that they had thrown him out, and finding him, he said, "Do you believe in the Son of God?" 36. He answered, "Who is he, Lord, that I may believe in him?" 37. Jesus said to him, "You have both seen him, and it is he who speaks with you." These words touched me. This blind man was thrown out. Similar to my situation. But Jesus was aware of what happened. And he asked the question in verse 35. Those words were the beginning of my journey and I am now convinced that God is not far from each one of us.
  • Acts5v29
    Acts5v29

JuandeFiero,

Why haven't you answered the question about God intervening like he did in the Bible?

Just explain ONE. The Flood. If you've shown God can't intervene, why did he intervene in Noah's day?

I guess God can't break his rules (except when he breaks his rules) but when he breaks those rules, he's not really breaking the rules because he makes the rules to begin with.

The challenge had been set, and Mankind had decided upon independence. Thereafter that independence would continue until the issue was proved... except there was an attempt to completely hijack the earthly project - thus the reason for the deluge. Had God not brought the deluge, then there would have been no opportunity for Mankind to learn it could not manage alone, because Mankind would have been over-ridden by the angels that were attempting to take over the earth.

That is why God intervened - so that humans could continue. It was not breaking the rules, it was rectifying a violation by the adversary.

• juandefiero
    juandefiero

Ah, so now the issue is total independence, not just independence from God.

Interesting how the story evolves when you're challenged. (Incidentally, this is how confirmation bias coupled with cognitive dissonance works...you change the story to fit your worldview.)

So, Mankind could survive without God if Satan and his demons helped us out, is that what you're saying?

How about the parting of the Red Sea? Isn't that intervening in Mankind's affairs?

How about killing 180,000 Assyrians overnight...isn't that intervening?

How about every time God answers a prayer...isn't that intervening?

• Acts5v29
    Acts5v29

Its strange...

There's a website called JW-Recovery which I joined, and when I mentioned to someone that they could talk to God themselves I was reprimnded for "preaching".

Oddly - why should God not be mentioned in a recovery website?

Is this site also just for atheists? Is is a shooting-ground with believers as the quarry? If watchtower people come here and want support, surely reason should prevail rather than a melée. It certainly does not do the case for atheism any credit if there is so much anger against believers.

• baker
    baker
    Just watched the news yesterday and a 2 month old was shaken by her uncle to death. And the family already had a sign up that said, "God has another new angel" How sick is that?
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Maybe the debate should be focused upon whether ancient mythology is fact or fiction with inherently specific intent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit