I don't like the person i am becoming...

by SpunkedTeen 28 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

You have been brainwashed to dislike what is normal, it takes time to readjust.

Trust me, in ten years time you will realise how judgmental and weird the JW view of normal people is and how odd JW's can be,

love yourself and make yourself happy....its totally cool to do that

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

If I have read this all correctly, you are a 19 year old baptized brother that has one friend, a former school mate and now your personal trainer. You are living at home and going to Uni in Jan. You feel you have become a lying, rude, selfish and apathethic individual.

Maybe just self preservation?

Some on here have said men don't mature until they are about 25. You have got a lot to think about but are headed in the right direction.

There are always nosy Jdubs. In fact most of them have no personal boundaries. It happens in groups when you are supposed to call strangers, brother and sister.

You have approximately 10 weeks before school starts. Keep posting and venting and asking questions. Many wish we were 19 years old again with advise from the good hearted people here on JWN/JWD.

All the very best to you for a bright and happy future.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

OUTLAW,

That`s what happens to JW`s..

When they leave the Watchtower/Gods Organization..

Then they either become..

.................BANK ROBBERS ........OR...........................RODEO CLOWNS..

Which one are you Outlaw?

• OUTLAW
  • Perry
    Perry
    i notice i'm slowly becoming the worldy people that the jw's described.I've become very selfish and rude and very apathetic towards everything and everyone.

This is what happened to me. I would read in the bible how disciples had victory over sin, had peace, an openness with God, and real joy.... not just momentary happiness. This was not my experience as a Jehovah's Witness. My will power could only take me so far it seemed.

Fortunately, God doesn't make us rely on willpower alone, or even primarily. God is in the business of Freedom. If you're feeling burdened, squeezed, controlled by sin, it aint from God.

Read Romans Chapter 6. Here's just one gem from that chapter:

Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.... For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
  • Princess Ashe
    Princess Ashe
    It's not going to be easy either direction that you decide. I was your age when I wanted out and I made a lot self destructive decisions that I'm still living with 10 years later. Decide now how you want to live your life without the org. Making your decisions. Don't think about how others will see you, but think about how you will feel about the decisions you make for yoursef.
  • phats
    phats

i've become very selfish and rude and very apathetic towards everything and everyone

Hah! That's just about what everyone I've ever know in the religion to be. Ether that or a total Busy body powermunger.

Phats.

• somebody
    somebody
    " i notice i'm slowly becoming the worldy people that the jw's described.I've become very selfish and rude and very apathetic towards everything and everyone."

"worldly people", as you and anyone who has ever been involved in the JW cult means.."EVERYONE WHO IS NOT A JEHOVAH'S WITNESS" even though as you also know, they will not admit to. And I have to say that almost ALL the people I have known and met throughout my life of over 50 years who were not and are not JWs and have never been were never "very selfish and rude and very apathetic towards everything and everyone."

If you are a teen though, your feelings are normal and this too shall pass. Teen years and sometimes a few years after are very tough. No matter who we are, what religion we are, or no religion and no matter what color we are.

Stay strong and do your best to treat others like you want to be treated by others yourself. And keep that thought in your mind and heart for the rest of your life, no matter who you meet or become friends with.

• Giordano
    Giordano
    I start university in January and my plan was to stick it out in the organisation until i got my degree and became fully independent but as of late a elder told me i am being considered to become a M.S and told me what i need to work on and since then the other elders have been nagging me to work on the same things.I'm trying to rid my self of my 'privileges' in the cong but nothings working...

If they learn you intend to start university they will probably not want you to become a MS and take away your 'privileges'. So that problem can be solved quickly.

and i notice i'm slowly becoming the worldy people that the jw's described. I've become very selfish and rude and very apathetic towards everything and everyone.

I would also guess that some of these internal issues may be linked to getting away from the JW lifestyle you have been living.

I always thought the values that jw's taught were really good.

There is nothing stopping you from retaining any of those values or building on them. That is going to be part of your university studies, things like critical thinking skills.

We all applaud you and other young JW's who see the need for higher education and act on it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit