How much longer before the majority figure out the bible is not from God?

by I believe in overlapping 25 Replies latest social current

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Sooooooooooooooon! just before Armageddon!

just saying!

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Half banana

I never said anything about logic being "spiritual"(unless of curse, maybe you are talking about theology ).

I was referring to the philosophical definition.

Logic exists and it is immaterial and absolute. When you do science and math you use it. In a universe consisting of simply matter, energy, time and space, where does logic come from?

• Half banana
    Half banana
    Normal use of transcendental:

adjective
    1. relating to a spiritual realm.
      "the transcendental importance of each person's soul"

synonyms:

:supernatural, preternatural, transcendent, other-worldly, superhuman, mystical, mystic, spiritual, divine, heavenly, exalted, sublime, ethereal, numinous, transmundane, ineffable
  • Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

OK so you don't like the word transcendental. Logic is immaterial, or am I mistaken about that as well?

No comment on where logic comes from? Do you rent it from theists?

For example, when I go to see my doctor (atheist or not), I expect he counts on the future being like the past, if he has to prescribe medicine.

• Half banana
    Half banana

DD, I love the word transcendental, it just does not describe logic. Logic it is not characterised by being immaterial anymore that it could be material, it is simply an abstract noun. It has no origin anymore than other nouns such as love, hate, independence and democracy.

This thread was about the time left for Bible believers --why would anyone with the internet still want to put faith in the Bible? Surely we have moved on from the primitive mentality of dependence on ancient wisdom?

How can anyone today believe and uphold the view that obvious myths in the Bible represent true events?

I reckon that the majority of the world will figure out that the Bible is not from God within a generation.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Half banana

As I said before the majority of the world (or the US for that matter) never did accept the Bible as being from God.

I think you know logic is much more than just an abstract noun, and the fact that people don't want to think about it's origin, doesn't change anything. We depend on logic everyday to make sense out of the world.

You appealed to logic when you said: "The reason being that spiritual things by nature have no tangible or concrete evidence for them and therefore cannot form the basis from which logical conclusions can be drawn." When questioned about logic, you seem to imply it doesn't really exist.

You also asked: "why would anyone with the internet still want to put faith in the Bible"? Why do you put so much..."faith" in logic when it's neither material or immaterial?

Using your reasoning, there is nothing "tangible or concrete" about logic.

I used the word transcendent to describe logic, what word or words would you use? We both believe it exists don't we?

“Agnosticism is epistemologically self-contradictory on its own assumptions because its claim to make no assertion about ultimate reality rests upon a most comprehensive assertion about ultimate reality.”
    -- Cornelius Van Til

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit