Did something changed regarding faders recently?

by Gorb 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorb
    Gorb

Thanks all, maybe they realise we are gone fore good.

And that changes the mood.

G.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Gorb, no, nothing has changed. When they look down at you, they see a dead man walking.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I was under the impression that language has appeared in the Watchtower that states Jehovah's Witnesses should treat those who intentionally stop associating (i.e. go to meetings, etc.) as those who disassociate themselves.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Gordy, how dare you look happy, and smile at them. It doesn’t fit their narrative, where all who stop associating with ‘Gods true people’ are all miserable, depressed alcoholics, or drug addicts, or in jail.

• hybridous
    hybridous
    It is a fader paradise these days. Being in covid and not having to go to KHs.

Yes, it's never been easier to attempt this move. Some folks disagree on the propriety or usefulness of this idea, but I don't fault someone for trying.

I was under the impression that language has appeared in the Watchtower that states Jehovah's Witnesses should treat those who intentionally stop associating (i.e. go to meetings, etc.) as those who disassociate themselves.

This is 'official' policy, but this is increasingly difficult to implement since there's no lateral enforcement of JWs rules via association at the KH.

If someone's association is assessed via a Zoom Meeting...maybe brother/sister so & so attend some other Zoom Meeting w/ some other congregation. Maybe someone is Zooming on to feign attendance and instead watching a ballgame.

There is now a substantially LARGER imprecision concerning what it means to be a 'Good JW'. I recommend all to take full advantage of this. This might mean a possible extraction for people who would otherwise NEVER have the courage to exit.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I was under the impression that language has appeared in the Watchtower that states Jehovah's Witnesses should treat those who intentionally stop associating (i.e. go to meetings, etc.) as those who disassociate themselves ~ TruthBKnown

Guess the new Silver Sword Bible cut out Jesus' words about saving one sheep. Or they are all just so busy reaching out to new candidates.

“What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.’ Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance." Luke 15:4-7

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

My guess would be that the cult is coming down on association with apostates. So it would be like when they came up with the dumb ass marking people who were not strong in the cult back in the 80s and early 90s. I saw so many who treated JWs who did not make all the meetings like they were DFed. This cult is dumb as dog shit. The GB are a group of dumb ass idiots.

• hybridous
    hybridous
    My guess would be that the cult is coming down on association with apostates. So it would be like when they came up with the dumb ass marking people who were not strong in the cult...

Yes, I think you are right about the WTs biggest concern. JWs can't withstand contact with critics. That's why they've been warned off concerning interacting with 'apostates' online, even if done in good faith as a WT defender/apologist.

The thing is...what's an 'apostate'? Right here, right now, in January of 2022...what exactly is a apostate?

Is it...any former JW who disagrees? Is it...any critic at all who dares question YHVH's 'channel'?

You see, in former times, the word 'apostate' was reserved for a very specific and select group of people. I think as time goes on, the WT has to keep massaging the definition, so that a greater number of enemies fall under the scope, and the WT can leverage that fear into avoidance.

Once upon a time, a person would have HAD to have been a former, baptized JW at one point to go 'apostate'. Is that definition still in use? Or might a former unbaptized publisher now qualify, even though I was never 'really' a JW?

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    Right here, right now, in January of 2022...what exactly is a apostate?

Right now, the functional definition of "apostate" is "any person who opposes the work of Jehovah's Witnesses or expresses an opinion designed to cast doubt on the legitimacy of the governing body or JW doctrine or policy".

Technically, to be an "apostate" you would have had to be a JW to begin with then "turn away" from it, but the "real" (functional) definition given above does not have anything to do with whether someone used to be a JW or not.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

LongHairGirl

" I then realized she was an older lady in a congregation I once attended. (I hadn’t aged that much, but she sure as hell did.) "

You didnt age much, but she sure did.

What's that telling you. It tells me what the Borg does to people. It puts people through the wringer, Uneccessarry added stresses, demands of the Borg and the constant undue treadmill to nowhere.

The Borg and their constant pressures, us vs. them mentality. Just a horrible way to live.

You didn't age much. Good for you.

Let the pressures of the Borg show what it does to people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit