Did something changed regarding faders recently?

by Gorb 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorb
    Gorb

Friendly and good Gorby smiled and waved towards 2 local JW's yesterday, and they turned with an angry face their back to me.

Has something changed regarding faders recently?

G.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

GORB:

I didn’t hear of anything. But, that doesn’t mean that different groups of JWs and elders haven’t talked among themselves and decided to ‘shun’ people who they think are inactive.

The JW religion has lost so many people in recent years and especially during Covid that they are angry and panicked. Too many people have seen through it and are tired of man-made rules, intrusiveness and the treadmill they are on.

• asp59
    asp59

What's a fader this days? I mean there or no real meetings or preaching workt going on. Seems whole org has faded from what it once was.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

It is a fader paradise these days. Being in covid and not having to go to KHs.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Don’t think so, and trying to work out the motivations for JW actions could drive you nuts Gorb. Humans in general are inscrutable enough, JWism adds a whole extra unnecessary layer.

• alanv
    alanv

It has certainly much easier to fade during the pandemic. Many JWs regard faders the same as disfellowshipped. They regard it as turning your back on the one true religion, so you dont deserve to be recognised in the street etc.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

They have sure double-down on faders, fence sitters over the last 2 or 3 years, perhaps even since about 2016. To view inactive or irregular ones as weak, fodder or even as the sweepings off of the floor.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ALAN V & BETH SARIM:

I am almost a 21 year ‘Fader’. For the first couple of years if JWs saw me in stores they might say hello. When they finally realized I wasn’t coming back, I got the ‘cold shoulder’. But, I acted aloof and didn’t care what anybody thought.

I remember being in an Italian deli and when I gave my order and was waiting I noticed a woman standing several feet away who was staring at me. I didn’t recognize her but gave a small half-smile because I’m basically a friendly person. I then realized she was an older lady in a congregation I once attended. (I hadn’t aged that much, but she sure as hell did.) I didn’t say hello because I realized what was going on. I then left with my order. A few other situations similar to this happened over the years.

The point is: what did it matter to me that these people (who I only had a nodding acquaintance at the hall) didn’t want to say hello in some store or shopping mall?? They accomplished nothing except to see me looking well-dressed and with a happy expression on my face.

• menrov
    menrov

Gorb, i guess it is because of the weather in NL ... gray, cold and wet...... If as a JW you lost your hope but are stuck in the religion....welll.....then they get like that.. :-)

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

Nothing new.

Maybe they heard a public talk on "bad associations spoil useful habits" and they took it ultra-seriously.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit