My Borganization Story

by Frannie Banannie 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Actually, Chris, it was in 1974......and that *was* us....I went by my first name, Noel, back then...and my older son's and daughter's names are Jay and Kellie...we had a Basset Hound named BeauJangles...do you remember that? Yeah, Bob was a "trip" alright....I couldn't do anything right....I felt sorry for Van and Jeff....they were so attention-starved that they seemed to have somewhat hysterical personalities....highly excitable....I really liked 'em....it was Bob's 16-yr-old that gave us so much trouble....he wasn't with us till we moved to another complex in Garland....Bob put on a pretense of affection in front of others, but in reality, he would come home and close himself off from everyone in the fam....what a hypocrite....glad I got outta there, even if it took a long time....and everyone here is SO nice...I'm already lovin' it here...<grin>

Frannie B

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Thanks for the kudos, Swan and Shambala..<smiles> and High 5's to both of ya...It's really great to be here...yall are all such lovely peeps.

Frannie B

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

And I was in the Richardson congregation, before Plano was formed, from 1973 to 1975, so I'll bet I know you!!! My parents and I moved there from Australia, where we had been serving "where the need was greater." I was 18 in 1973, and I played piano at the KH. I remember someone named Nelson, and Barbara sounds so familiar. Do you remember Helen Leary? Or the Mayfields and Cox families? I was part of a group of just-out-of-high-school kids who started pioneering, including Chris & Mark Knight, Carol Mayfield, Kathy Klutz (now Patterson), and a few others. It was a fun bunch.

PM me and we'll play catch-up!

Nina

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Wow, I'm tapping deep into the old grey cells here. How many times was Bob married? The reason I ask is that we moved to Dallas in June of 1975 and Bob moved into our complex that winter. It was a government subsidied place with no air-conditioning, just "air-cooled" so it was never below 85 in the summer inside.

Now then, basset hound .... maybe. That kind of rings a bell. I love bassets. Nina and I have two right now. I never knew Bob's older son, only Jeff and Van. And yes they were very high strung. I was very quiet (and nerdy with short hair and big silver glasses) back then so a little of them went a long way, but they were nice to me. I remember when they moved to Wisconsin to "go where the need was greater" and came scooting back in just a couple of months. What I remember most about that was Bob's low opinion of the Witnesses in Wisconsin because one family wouldn't let him take a shower at their house. He thought that was a terrible way for them to show Christian love.

I never liked him much, he had a bad temper and no sense of humor.

I do remember Jay and Kellie, although I didn't remember their names. Gosh, I think there was a basset hound. Wow, I haven't thought about any of that in a long time!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Hey, we have two bassets! Ladybug and Dexter. They are WONDERFUL, if somewhat stubborn, dogs.

Nina

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

LOL, Big T and Nina! D'ya know what? Mr. Beaujangles used to watch me when I went to the bathroom....he was just about 4 mos. old....I always left the lid down on the commode when we left the apartment so Mr. BJ wouldn't drink toilet water....same apt. you're talkin about Big T...and one day I came home and Mr BJ had left a "deposit" on the neck of the toilet just behind the lid...guess he'd been studying what I was doing on it....<shakes head> I've always wondered what he woulda done if I'd left the lid up, but sharing a toilet with a dog or cat is a road I have no desire to go down...<grins> I simply LOVE Bassets....Mr. BJ ran off one day when the boys took him outside for his "constitutional" and they chased him but couldn't catch him....I got another one later....a girl...named her "Plumply"

Frannie B

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Okay, let's say it together: aaawwwwwww. Bassets drool, uh, RULE! Yeah, that's it. (Dexter's the old gentleman and Ladybug the sweet young thing -- she's almost his size now.)

Nina

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....Ya took the word right outta my mouth, Nina...LOL!

The little one reminds me of Mr. BJ....she's a cutie! Dexter is HUGE! WOOOHOOO!!

Yall sure are lucky ducks to have 'em...they are breathtaking....thank you so MUCH for sharing the pic, Nina.

Frannie B

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Big T Chris, I almost forgot....Bob remarried later...maybe just before they moved to Wisconsin or after he moved back....but I heard later he died shortly thereafter of a heart attack.

Frannie B

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Holy crap Frannie. I think you are not the kinda woman I would want to try and screw around with and try to manipulate.

refiner: "likes his women strong" class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit