My Borganization Story

by Frannie Banannie 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I was 28 when I got borganized....I wish I could remember the names of the sisters that studied with me....one of 'em's name is Barbara, the other one was a pig...guess they're not that memorable....but the Plano congregation had not been started when I first got baptised or it had *just* been started in 1973....my best sis friend was Carolyn Nelson, a six feet tall sis with two kids, Harris and April....I was really dumb and married the first elder that asked me....it was a total flop of a marriage, his teenaged son caused all sorts of problems for us.....I "ran away" from it and went back to the "world" for a while....I suppose because they hadn't gotten the "worldliness" out of me very well at the time....when I returned, they publicly reproved me and we divorced....His name was Bob Repp....he was an elder in the White Rock Congregation....I can remember a few names...the Farmers, Steve Scott and his lovely red-headed wife, but that's all I remember.....
    Then I moved back down here with my older two children, where I was raised and later went back into the borganization....I moved to California in late 1988, got in an auto accident in late 1989, and everything went downhill from there, borganization-wise...I had seen so MUCH cruelty from the platform....even a P.O. who graphically and sneeringly described explicitly...the sights, sounds and smells of alleged sexual acts between two pioneers, as he disf'd the pioneer sister, while she sobbed her heart out in front of the congregation and only reproved the pioneer bro.....made me wanna hurl....the elders treated me like a meadow muffin the whole time I was in Cal. congs and when I was in the accident, temporarily disabled and needed help to move, they told me I had gotten myself into this mess and I could get myself out....I got into a "pushing" letter-writing deal with the Gov. Body over them not allowing my youngest son to get baptised...we wrote back and forth over a period of 3 months, until the Gov. Body told me they really were too busy with the publishing and preaching work to bother writing to me any more...this was after I wrote them sound scriptural proof why they had no scriptural reason to deny my son's baptism and valid scriptural proof that *their* criteria for baptism was scripturally unfounded...the local elders accused me anonymously of "nepotism" from the platform, because I backed my son in his quest for baptism....my son worked so hard to get baptised....he was 12 at the time...and one morning he had asked a cong. elder for a ride in field service....the elder assured him he would pick my son up....my son stood out in our apartment complex parking lot, in the cold, freezing rain for over an hour...without a coat or a jacket....and when the elder finally showed up, the elder had left his great big showboat of a car back in the KH parking lot and squeezed himself into a compact car with a buncha pioneers and drove up and told my son they didn't have room for him....my son came back to our apartment grief-stricken and sobbing....his heart and his spirit were completely broken....he never recovered from it...I'd finally had enough and got up the nerve to reproove *them* by late 1991....I did so, New Year's Eve and sent the letter the first of January, 1992....I knew it would get me disf'd, so I began warning those close to me to get away, so they wouldn't be harmed by any fallout....It took the Gov. Body six weeks to enforce a disf'ing against me....meanwhile the cong. elders, to whom I had given a copy of the letter I wrote to the G.B., "visited" me, and gave me hell for it....I wrote them a letter the week before my disf'ing and threw their stupid scriptures in their faces, embarrassing them so much, they were white-faced, red-faced and ashen the night they announced my disf'ing, while I sat front row and center to receive it. Even after I was disf'd, I carried on my scathing letter writing to the Gov. Body and about them and along with the scriptural proofs of their unscriptural doctrines, sent letters to branch offices all over the world....I remained isolated from any friends and fam for about 7 yrs. till I found Ex-Jws online in 1999....7 years later after my dif'ing....so here I am...and it sure is a pleasure to meet everyone here....yall have been such fun folks to meet...I will love getting to know every one of you...this is such a fun place to be...

Frannie B <of the kick-'em-in-the-*ss class>

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Oh my. That is one heck of a story Frannie. You must be one strong standing lady to deal with that crap. What about your son, is he in/out?...

-

And the world shall tremble in the wake of the Blue Bubblegum
    Dutch District Overbeer

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Welcome Frannie. Yes, there is life and happiness after the borg. Glad you found ex-JWs. I'm glad I did too. It's a great place to share. No more feelings of isolation.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Thx, Vivamus...I hope so...my son is out, having left the borg with me when I was disf'd....My older two are also out having both been DA'd and Disf'd prior to my leaving....I sure am glad I found yall online...

Kenneson, yer right...there is life beyond the borg...<wriggles eyebrows> glad I found out before too late..

Frannie B

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Welcome to our home Frannie!!!

Mike.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Great story Frannie... glad you didn't put up with any of their crap and had the strength to fight back.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Thx for the wcm, Mike Bendrr...

High 5's, Doc! <grin>

Frannie B

• Swan
    Swan

Frannie,

Great story! I think I know why you got DF. You may not have noticed this "character flaw" in yourself, but you just don't put up with shit. Whereas this is good in life in general, it is a real drawback to being a good JW.

Welcome again!

Tammy

• shambala
    shambala

good for you you got out and don't sound bitter that is so cool.

Shambala

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    His name was Bob Repp....he was an elder in the White Rock Congregation....

Well howdy Frannie! I knew Bob Repp and his two boys, Jeff and Van. In fact they moved into our apartment complex and lived in an apartment right above us. I changed my name legally about 10 years ago, but back in the 70's I went by Scott Presley. I remember Bob getting re-married, but doggone if I can remember his wife's name, but I do remember she had two children. My dad used to take them to school when he drove us. That would have been 1976 or 1977, something like that. Am I thinking of you?

Bob was a real trip though. He didn't own a TV, or allow his boys to read the newspaper, comic books or anything else non-theocratic beceuse he was worried about them being corrupted. I remember when Jeff bought "Hotel California" and he kept it hidden for months because he was so afraid of Bob.

Anyway, glad you're here and I'm glad you made it out in one piece.

Peace,

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit