Direction to elders on handling rape

by purrpurr 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Elders I encountered don't have a clue and it's all about image and none about caring.

After I had been violently attacked by a masked man coming in through my bedroom window an elder had clearly translated "attacked" as raped because his first question was did I scream?

After the attack a couple of weeks later was the memorial. I went altho was still bit of a mess and asked people to come round. That was 9 years ago and I am still waiting. I got one phone call telling me because I had stopped going to meetings (massive depression) I am now shunned unless I go back.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The wording is ambiguous to the point of being meaningless. Is the disposition of the person to be taken into consideration in order to care for their wellbeing or in order to judge their trustworthiness? I think it might be ambiguous on purpose.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I just posted this on social media

• humbled
    humbled

Amelia, l am so sorry! There is nothing l write that can say anything properly. Indeed l write and erase over and over.

My heart goes out to you. That is all. ((((Amelia❤️🌺)))

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Seems like damn near everything - everything - they've written on the subject of sexual assault is done with the passive-aggressive goal of not telling the secular authorities.

It's never stated explicitly, but jeezus do you ever get that impression from reading between the fricking lines.

It's almost as if they don't want anyone - rank-and-file JW or "worldy" - to think that it's an internal problem, or something.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Elders who are assigned ''rape'' cases are hardly capable of rehabilitating someone who has endured such emotional trauma as that of ''rape''.

These individuals who suffered ''rape'' need professional therapists and not someone who's credentials of a janitor or window washer.

Maybe some elders are more educated than others, but the instructions provided applies to all them, who may not have the professionalism of such a field.

• minimus
    minimus

Amelia I’m sorry to read this. Terrible!!!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

My advice to anyone and everyone is DO NOT tell a JW elder anything personal EVER!

If a JW asks you anything personal don't even dignify it with a response.

There is a word for someone who pretends to be a qualified counselor and that word is FRAUD!

• LV101
    LV101

Amelia -- it's evidence of Watchtower scum -- I'm so sorry.

• zeb
    zeb

Vidiot you are 100% correct.

Amelia you have pm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit