Have You Ever Found Yourself Really Not Liking Someone Here?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Incognito
    Incognito
    Anyone can post anything in cyberspace and be relatively incognito. - Thisismein1972

There is only one, and I had nothing to do with it.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey, minimus, you're cool!

I put up a similar thread some time ago; it was not so much about posters' behavior but more about interest (or lack of) in certain subjects. Simon and others gave good answers. Not everyone is interested in all the subjects I put up, nor am I in theirs.

Likewise, my personality doesn't jibe with that of every poster in cyberspace, nor with the personalities of people I know in day-to-day life. Gee, some of the nicest people I ever met I wouldn't necessarily want to spend a day with.

In general, I find most here cordial . . .

Oh! Now I remember one of my points from that earlier thread: Some here are very straightforward in their posts and "business-like," i.e., they don't address you by name and ask how you're doing. I sort of hearken back to pen pal days where you developed real friendships with folks you would never meet. Some friends here are FB and e-mail buddies.

Know what I mean, minimus, re: all of the above?

• just fine
    just fine

I get irritated with those who trivialize the strength it takes to leave, to really untangle yourself from the mess of a cult JWs are.

Also the ones who victim blame the abused children for their abuse. Or who deny that it goes on.

Other than that, I can take my lumps for my beliefs and it's fun to debate, but it has no efffect in real life.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

the only person i dislike on here is myself.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I don't know anyone here well enough to like or dislike, how well can you know someone from a few lines or paragraphs on a forum. Besides, I try to keep "like" out of the equation when reading another's comments and posts because even people you don't "like" or agree with can raise interesting points or make astute observations that cause you to think. There is something to learn from everyone.

• LV101
    LV101

Minimum -- Ah, yes, I remember Farkel. He was a FAV -- he could really size up the cult and I used to look forward to his posts. I think he was on the H20 board. He seemed optimistic about the cult's eventual future a long time ago. He was so intelligent and could be quite staccato. He seemed to get under some people's skin and I don't think it phased him. He wasn't one to backdown.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Hey Jook - give us some initials we can guess who it is !

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

OMFG, there have been so many......(well, to be fair, one person was several of them).
    I don't pick too many fights these days with those that are pushing their own agendas, but I have in the past. Most of the ridiculous ones have been banned and if they came back, they have been low key.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    There was this one super annoying guy... i recall his avatar was red dot... wonder whatever became of him
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    I think I dislike some posts from everyone at some point, but have no hatred of any person. I have favorites and it evolves as they become less cult like. Sometimes the most intolerable person can make a fantastic point in a thread they start so I count few out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit