Have You Ever Found Yourself Really Not Liking Someone Here?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

I cant say I have ever not liked anybody here ,how can you dislike someone you have never met ?

You may not agree with what someone says maybe over and over but does that mean you dont like the person or just what he/she posts ? on a given subject.?

EG. I made a post about cold steel and his/her pushing their views on Mormonism with what I percieved rightly or wrongly as trying to convert some people, and as I saw it again rightly or wrongly over a long period of time

I dont dislike cold steel i dont know him/her ,its quite possible their are some points CS may make and I could possibly agree 100% with him/her.

We are human we have different views we should be big enough,mature enough to accept that without dividing ourselves into this faction or that faction.

Just my 2 cents worth.

• tiki
    tiki

Nah....I have some I really like.....but I just ignore anything I find annoying. I believe in live and let live. I do think outlaw is a total hoot....sparrowdown very similar take on stuff....Terry the loquacious I find fascinating....pale empower hits the nail on the head...flipper way cool...etc etc......you're all great!!😁

• Awakenednow
    Awakenednow

I love the divergent comments best. They stretch my thinking and helps me self reflect. It's been super fun and healing hanging out here. Like some, I go off on tangents. Hoping I don't irritate others, but the political bashing charges me up at times. I don't enjoy name calling and our side is better then yours. I think everyone has a right to express their views, but appreciate the ones who express solutions and don't reflect divisive rhetoric. I don't know about you guys, but I've had enough of "the whole world who doesn't think like me deserves death".

• Awakenednow
    Awakenednow

Agree with you Tiki,

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Yeah, I have had a negative view of some posters, but thanks to having a memory like a steel sieve, it's hard to hold a grudge. There is one poster that I do know as being hostile, but I chalk it up to cult damage and let it pass. I do however avoid that person's ugly face and try to approach in uncharged topics. I have enough drama, I don't need it here.

• undercover
    undercover

There once was a red dot

Who asked questions a lot

Mostly likable he could be

For those who chose to see

His opinion mattered not

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I never got into battles with anyone to reach a point of dislike. I avoid political threads, which probably is the reason that I am able to stay away from conflict.

But just for fun, let me add - I voted for Hillary!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Have You Ever Found Yourself Really Not Liking Someone Here? - I try hard to separate (though not always successfully) comments from the person who posts them.

This means that I could be having a heated argument with a certain poster about, say, Islam, multiculturalism or Brexit on one thread but wish the same person a happy anniversary on another thread, for example.

I don't always do this successfully, and I'm the type of person who can be quite stubborn, who likes an argument and who keeps on arguing a point.

I guess, with those characteristics, I'm probably someone who some other posters dislike. I guess I should just accept that.

There was one poster who I found myself disliking, but this poster has either been booted off the forum or else doesn't post here anymore.

PS - I quite like you, Minimus. I like the way you openly and unapologetically support Trump. This makes me chuckle because I imagine the kind of people who are pissed off that you support Trump.

Keep up the free speech, Min!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

ShirleyW it was a good few years back her username was Angeleyes she tried to keep appearing as other users but she wasn't the brightest , I'd be very surprised if she is even still alive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit