How Could We Have Been So Heartless?

by BluesBrother 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Armegeddon in JWism is a bit like the bombing of Dresden. Terrible and worst Day in your life but there is an end to it. Other spins on faith have the same combined with eternal torment and probably think the unbelievers get off way too easy in jw land. No Jonathan Edwards preaching here ☺️. For outsiders it might be difficult to understand why some ex JWs consider it so dreadful. Probably because of effective propaganda to the JW kids. A more mature soul who has pondered upon all mankind's evil is not as easily frightened by this brand of end time fears. As slimboyfat says, many believers believe God will be more mercyful than their religion perscribes 😊

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

(2 Peter 3:9) . . .The Lord is not slow in keeping his word, as he seems to some, but he is waiting in mercy for you, not desiring the destruction of any, but that all may be turned from their evil ways.

(Luke 15:20-24) . . . And he got up and went to his father. But while he was still far away, his father saw him and was moved with pity for him and went quickly and took him in his arms and gave him a kiss. And his son said to him, Father, I have done wrong, against heaven and in your eyes: I am no longer good enough to be named your son. But the father said to his servants, Get out the first robe quickly, and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand and shoes on his feet: And get the fat young ox and put it to death, and let us have a feast, and be glad. For this, my son, who was dead, is living again; he had gone away from me, and has come back. And they were full of joy.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

How could we be so Heartless?

Exactly. There was John Cedars video a few years back. He related on how could God administer a global genocide on innocent people in which their crime was not being a JW. He never could get his mind around that one.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Welcome kingpelican ,however I can`t use the excuse I was raised in the cult , I converted when I was 20 years old

and stayed in for 32 years before the scales fell from my eyes and I took of those rose coloured glasses.

• sir82
    sir82

I think that idea bothers the vast majority of JWs, who are not really psychopaths.

But they cope with it by either not thinking about, or rationalizing that "Jehovah would never do evil, if those people die it will be because they really did deserve it...somehow", or maybe that Jehovah wouldn't actually have to do much killing, people would slaughter one another. Or as SBF said, there would be a lot more who "made the cut" than just baptized, active JWs & their kids.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub
    truth_b_known

well said and ditto!

just saying!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

truth_b_known

''well said and ditto!''

from me also.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

its just an example of what a man is able to do when he believes to be doing the right thing...

And makes you wonder what other things are you doing right now because you think they are right...

and explains why people today do things that for them is right but for your are wrong.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The JWS religion is made up as delusion based from lies and ignorance .

Armageddon is just a part of that delusion transfixed upon ancient mythology (fiction).

The propagation of fear and ignorance is what keeps this organization ongoing.

...........unfortunately

• dozy
    dozy

This was one teaching I never really could rationalise - luckily I hardly ever remember any householder mentioning it when I was on the ministry as I would have really struggled to justify it.

The teaching that all non-JWs will be annihilated at Armageddon together with not very active JWs who don't quite make the cut ( the so-called "Kevinly class") is still the Societies teaching , but there is no doubt that the rhetoric from the past is very much toned down.

No longer do we see pictures of babies being thrown into chasms in the earth or husbands and wives desperately hugging each other awaiting their imminent violent deaths as Jesus and the angels go around killing people. The "wicked" being destroyed , if depicted at all , tend to be obvious baddies with knives or guns and beards and jeans!

Note the official JW dot org response , which is rather disingenuous to say the least.

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/who-saved/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit