How Could We Have Been So Heartless?

by BluesBrother 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

The JWS religion is a model example of what people will do to save their own life when someone imposes the suggestion of death through jugdemnt.

Its also a model of how to self empower oneself with that imposition of death.

Indoctrinate people into thinking they are god's chosen organization that are above righteous than all other people living, Jewish or Christian, through extrapolating your own interpretation of the bible to meet your own endeavors and agenda .

Then pose the suggestion that the almighty god is about to soon judge those who are righteous in his eyes and you can pretty much control people's conscious thoughts, awareness and behavior.

To impose fear, guilt and obligation over people in a life and death situation is the making of a true religious cult, entrapping people intellectually and psychologically.

.......and that is why we stayed being a JWS for the length of time as we did.

• scary21
    scary21

In my case I just believed I was going to die with all the rest. I guess I believed we all deserved it or we

could not live up to Jehovah's standards I wonder why I didn't think Jehovah was mean or cruel ?

Now I can't wrap my head around a God that could be such a killer of 99% of all people living.

That would be SO mean and cruel ! Amazing when you come out of being brainwashed your thinking could turn 180 degrees. Yes, being raised with fear and guilt was awful but my mom made it a little better because.she was very loving and my dad was not a JW. ..

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Can't speak for everyone, but I personally felt so hurt and victimized by "Satan's World" that I could barely stand the wait...

...or, more accurately, I was taught that all the hurt and victimization I experienced was the fault of "Satan's World".

Armageddon was my personal supernatural revenge fantasy.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

Armageddon was my personal supernatural revenge fantasy.

Your right Vidiot ,

I think a lot of JWS thought on those same lines.

• waton
    waton

The name of the deity implies that he will become who ever he has to. and the followers made in his image. so: imagine

imagine what it does to a mind, to have to memories all the gory details of billions of beings that you promised to resurrect, recreate in the first and general resurrection.

perhaps you can spare yourself some sick details, since all the resurrected will not marry have reproductive powers.

but given that the creator has given free reign to see what will succeed, viruses even,

what is the big s deal that all die, in the wt story, all at once.

Taught my daughter a rhyme: If they say "you will not die. it's a lie.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

There a many different reasons (some good, some bad) why a person gets involved with the Watchtower. Also at a local level there were some decent elders, COs and DOs around, plus some very fine women. You could tell them by the way they acted.

(Galatians 5:22-23) . . .On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, 23 mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law. . .

Many have now died or been thrown out or are being thrown out right now. But while they were there, some congregations had a strong Christian influence and I joined such a congregation.

Watchtower doctrine is a con-trick, a man-trap for Christians and I think it exists in order to destroy a peron's faith in the True God by craftily mixing scriptures with WT's bamboozling rubbish. If you don't know the Bible well enough to untangle the garbage from the Truth expressed by Jesus Christ, it is easy to get confused. Given Watchtower does this horrible and crafty con-trick, I don't think it's the person's fault if they get conned.

But once you understand it's a con, then you have to get out, fade or whatever you can (according to your circumstances). Ideally get out. But if you don't care that it's a con-trick and you go along with it, then you are showing contempt for your fellow man and contempt for God.

There is a horrible experiment where people administer an electric shock to another. The psychoanalysts measure the point someone will turn the dial up to to hurt their fellow man. Some are so heartless towards the other person (who is shown as suffering) they keep turning the dial up if told to. I guess any guilt they feel for making the other person suffer is off-loaded by thinking, "I have been told to do this."

Watchtower fulfills the role of giving the orders.

Contrariwise, Jesus Christ advises this course of action which if sounded down into a receptive heart would prevent someone from turning up the dial in the experiment and therefore render them useless to the Watchtower.

(Matthew 6:14-15) . . .“For if YOU forgive men their trespasses, YOUR heavenly Father will also forgive YOU; 15 whereas if YOU do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will YOUR Father forgive YOUR trespasses. . .

• Half banana
    Half banana

Anna, this scripture Matt 6:14,15 could be the basis for 'new light' justifying the removal of the shunning doctrine. Shunning says: "We don't forgive you".

Could come in handy for the GB when membership numbers start to plummet.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Hi Half banana - Well they'll never forgive me for agreeing with Matt 6:14-15 and I refuse to repent

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Elder getting deleted tonight who actually doesn't agree with me being df'd.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

Its worth mentioning that the WTS created a sociological appeal to be heartless and this goes along with people who were practicing JWS but sinned while actively attending.

We had an elder in are Hall who committed adultery while he was married with three kids.

It was well assumed he was remorseful and repented to his actions but the other elders Dfed him irregardless.

The other elders Dfed publicly and the roomer of what he did got passed around within the congregation. The whole event was so stressful and huge toward the family they moved away to another town.

That to me was heartless and cruel, not only to him but to the rest of his family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit