Pledge for Global Assistance Arrangement - $15 per publisher!

by nmthinker 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ThinkerBelle
    ThinkerBelle
    Does the money actually go into separate funds for each "arrangement"? They haven't gotten money from me in years, not just because I don't support the business model, but also because our personal funds are tight. And seriously, every other church I know of has a food pantry and helps their members out when in need......why does our supposed loving religion never have that?
  • ctrwtf
    ctrwtf
    God is all powerful, omniscient and omnipresent. But he needs your money. -- George
    Carlin
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

I have already prophesied they will tithe under the guise of another name. Sounds like tithing.

• nmthinker
    nmthinker
    ThinkerBelle - The letter basically admits that the funds can be used for anything. There is no separate fund, it all goes into one big slush account.
  • dozy
    dozy
    I'm a bit puzzled. I though the new arrangement was that basically the congregation submitted virtually all their donations anyway to the Society , keeping only a very small amount for short term essential small items of spending. Is this encouraging an additional donation by the congregation.
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    I'm a bit puzzled. I though the new arrangement was that basically the congregation submitted virtually all their donations anyway to the Society , keeping only a very small amount for short term essential small items of spending. Is this encouraging an additional donation by the congregation.

The one-time congregation bank account raid was nothing short of theft by consent.

These constant and overlapping cash grabs are an attempt at improving cash flow. Watchtower is funneling (bleeding!) nickels-and-dimes from the masses, which ends up as a serious cash cow for the Org.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    freemindfadean hour agoI have already prophesied they will tithe under the guise of another name. Sounds like tithing.

I haven't been around for a while, but I thought this had been broached a few years ago?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

nmthinker: Pathetic, really. I will never give WTBS another dime of my money. I'll be giving it to orphans and widows, the needy of my family and the congregation.

Good for you!

nmthinker: Something doesn't add up.

Yes it does: It's a cult!

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

How does a JW rectify these arrangements in their mind?

I have heard so many times, the boasting about how they "never ask for donations!"

Odd.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    I have heard so many times, the boasting about how they "never ask for donations!"

They can't actually see it! Last time I went into a KH, there were two collection boxes at back..one being for 'worldwide work'...anything changed? Their interpretation of not asking for donations is not 'passing a plate' as the church does (or did)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit