Pledge for Global Assistance Arrangement - $15 per publisher!

by nmthinker 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Heaven
  • HappyHappyHappy1914
    HappyHappyHappy1914

the best part of the letter is when it mentions how you are more than welcome to donate MORE than the 15 per publisher if you want.

Thank you GB for giving us permission to give even more money. Thank you for that special privilege.

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

And why the hell do they ask anyone opposed to raise their hand? As if it is going to change their already ordered resolution?

Mother Org already said we need $15 per publisher and that is what your resolution will be!

What a scam. Not a g-d red cent from me. Ever!!!

SL

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Better to simply buy silver coins with that money. That is enough, at today's pathetic prices, to buy 4 silver quarters. Or 2 quarters and 5 silver dimes. Or a half and two quarters. You keep the silver dimes, quarters, and/or halves. And if this is going to happen every month, that can add up.

Then, when the dollar does become toilet paper or the banks seize up, you will have those silver coins. The longer it takes for that to happen, the more of those coins you can amass (and the more they will be worth when things do fall apart because it is going to create a whopper of a silver shortage). Do not donate any of it to the Worldwide Damnation Fund--that way, you will not make sacrifices now with no hope of a reward later.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    any copies of the GAA letter in the US?
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

An elder, a CO, and a GB member were talking about how they decide to allocate their funds.

When asked, the elder explained that he and his wife take their whole income in $5 bills. They draw a circle on the floor. They throw all the money up in the air and whatever falls inside the circle is donated to the congregation and WWW.

The CO says that he and his wife do very similar with their reimbursements and green handshakes in $5 bills. They draw a circle on the floor. They throw all the money up in the air. But it's what falls outside the circle that gets donated to the society.

The GB member explained that the Governing Body does something very, very similar to these brothers. But they take the society's income in $100 bills. They also draw a circle on the floor. Then they throw all the money up in the air. And whatever Jehovah catches, he can keep!

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    Might they need the money to replace all the nine year old teaching books that i trash
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

"we will never beg nor solicit funds" Watchtower magazine (many many times)

"free, no collections"...

"Do not let your left hand know what your right is doing" - Jesus. (oh, but here is a SPECIFIC amount WE tell you that you should donate!

hahahaha!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    What happened to relying on jehovah. That's what I got told when I lost my job and ran short of money
  • Splash
    Splash
    Marvin Shilmer The one-time congregation bank account raid was nothing short of theft by consent.

It wasn't a one-time bank raid, it is an ongoing bank raid.

Whenever a congregation has more than enough for the coming three months, the surplus has to be sent to the WT. This is verified by the CO when he visits each time, to make sure those pesky congregations don't start saving their own money again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit