Pledge for Global Assistance Arrangement - $15 per publisher!

by nmthinker 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nmthinker
    nmthinker

Last night our congregation read a letter for the Global Assistance Arrangement combined with the Traveling Overseer Assistance arrangement. The "recommended" amount was $15 per publisher, which was well over $1000 for our hall.

It seemed steep. Our congregation does not have this type of money. I would be surprised if we had that amount in the bank and would be able to send it right away. Strangely our latest finance report is not posted on the board.

Also we have separate pledges after the circuit overseer visit is done. Something doesn't add up.

The final bit of irony is that there is a special fund for taking care of unexpected events that affect the kingdom hall BUILDINGS. Meanwhile they are firing people all over the world without giving them any compensation! Where is the "orphans and widows" fund?

Pathetic, really. I will never give WTBS another dime of my money. I'll be giving it to orphans and widows, the needy of my family and the congregation.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    I was about to start a thread about the same thing. Our hall also passed a resolution last night but in our case they did not say the per publisher amount. They just announced the total of $1300. Off course, everyone was in agreement.
  • humblepotato
    humblepotato

I'm the accounts "servant" in our Hall and the same resolution happened at our Hall as well. 15 per publisher, which was a reduction from the previous service year of 20 per publisher. And they even reduced the Kingdom Hall Assembly Hall Construction fund from $350 per month to $25 per month at the request of our Circuit Overseer, which I find EXTREMELY odd. But it makes me happy!

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Yeah, something doesn't sound right. They read our letter last week here's the post about it.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/4867658067476480/global-assistance-arrangement-2016-service-year

What's interesting is, it doesnt seem to be the same fund that was set up last year for KH Construction. Maybe they changed the name since they've halted most construction. I wouldnt be surprise if it was an effort to get both funds. But regardless our congregation only pledged for about the same amount as sent last year.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe
    Our amount was $1700. They are raking in.
  • tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    They haven't received one dime of my money since Jan/Feb of this year. Their greed and constant focus on donations helped to reinforce that they are not faithful or discreet. My congregation elders can pledge all they want, but someone else is going to have to pony up the $30 for me and my wife. I really hope the congregation just defaults on it's pledge or the elders who pledge it end up making up the difference.
  • KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

My congregation elders can pledge all they want, but someone else is going to have to pony up the $30 for me and my wife. I really hope the congregation just defaults on it's pledge or the elders who pledge it end up making up the difference.

Lol, i'm right there with you, tim310rd. My husband wasnt there for the announcement, so unless someone else tell him, he will not find out about it. I guess there will probably be a local needs about this in a few months if people dont pony up.

• sir82
    sir82

They've had this arrangement in place for many years, probably a decade or longer. It gets renewed every year.

As noted above, the best way to show your disregard is to NOT CONTRIBUTE.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

There are so many different "funding programs" with the JW's. No one can keep up!

Vote with your wallets! Take the $ and go on vacation or take your spouse out to dinner. The freedom is incredible!

• hardtobeme

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit