Global Assistance Arrangement for 2016 Service Year

by KiddingMe 21 Replies latest members private

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

So we had the letter read and a resolution regarding the Global Assistance Arrangement. The suggested amount to cover the Global Assistance Arrangement (GAA) and Traveling Overseers Assistance Arrangement (TOAA) is $15.00 per publisher. We will pay spread over the year.

What is weird is that the brother said that this will only increase our congregation's payment to the worldwide work by a total of $2.50 per month.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something here, but I got the impression from the letter that this was a new arrangement. But from the announcement it seems like the bros. believe it to be an already existing arrangement. He said, we agreed "to spread payments over the year as we have been doing"

I wonder if they confused the Kingdom Hall and Assembly Hall Construction fund as the same? Does anyone know if this is the same, or a different already existing arrangement, or a new arrangement?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Does anyone know if this is the same, or a different already existing arrangement, or a new arrangement?

Perhaps it's new light on an old arrangement.

Rub a Dub

• onightdivine
    onightdivine

Global assistance... talk to the hand.

They are sending people home and they are asking for more money?

• Ich3b
    Ich3b
    It used to be called the KHAA (Kingdom Hall Assistance Arrangement) about a year ago they changed the name.
  • KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

They used the acronyms GOAA and TOAA. The description didn't refer to construction of kingdom halls. One is for "unexpected events and accidents disaster" and the other is for healthcare and transportation for C.O's and their wives in the U.S. Branches.

It seems our elders took this as the same arrangement from last year. If it is not, then our congregation will be short of their resolution.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    It's similar to the old arrangement. They just changed the name, and digified it by saying that some funds are used for disasters and assistance.
  • pontoon
    pontoon
    Tittles to make people feel obligated to support different aspects of the work. Fact is there is no more dedicated funds and the corp will use the money anyplace they want.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

What you can expect in the near future:

We need more money. ( WNMM )

You can give more than that . ( YCGMTT )

Watchtower pedophile fund . ( WPF )

Governing body retirement fund . ( GBRF )

smiddy

• pontoon
    pontoon
    I wouldn't be surprised if they suggested publishers "keep" their private savings accounts with the corp, of course when they need their money they could have it back, but don't expect it without a fight
  • jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Interesting.

The suggested amount in the UK was around the equivalent of 4 euros which equals around six Aussie dollars.

Fifteen bucks is huge,,,, perhaps you have some "company men" in your cong.

JTG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit