UPDATE: Wife Pretty Much Knows That I Don't Believe

by JW_Rogue 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    Why not go for a day out one Sunday, go for lunch somewhere nice, show the alternative life you could be living instead of the usual slog.

I did exactly this with my wife -- seems to have worked!

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    Important Update: My wife is also awake now and believes that WT is a cult! She has been watching exjw experiences on youtube during the pandemic and telling her family that the religion is fake!
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

OMG! This is great news!

If you care to add any more details I would love to hear them.

Also, how is her family taking it?

• Magnum
    Magnum

YES!!! The org loses another one! I love to see its grip weakening.

• carla
    carla

I am so thrilled for you! enjoy your new found freedom!!!!!!!!! lucky you.

• Ding
    Ding

Nice to hear such good news!

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

Update to the update: This is the first year we didn't attend the memorial either live or on zoom. My wife disassociated when confronted by the elders about some statements made to others. I have been avoiding the elders and am now officially inactive. Her mom and couple others in her family still talk to her regularly but the others have distanced themselves. My family is ignoring me except for when they need something or to post passive aggressive FB messages. We are adjusting, right now we have zero social life or any clue how we would go about getting one.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

JW_Rogue

We are adjusting, right now we have zero social life or any clue how we would go about getting one.

Just follow your interests ,maybe some you had years ago but were stifled by negative comments from WT/JW. Join a local club ,or even volunteer at some charity ,sooner or later you will meet people who you can relate, to and friendships develop over time .Just don`t expect it to happen overnight.

If you need any more details just pm me.I can go into more details.

To gain friends you need to be a friend,and you will find you will have a lot of acquaintances as you progress.

smiddy3

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Excellent advice Smiddy.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

My family is ignoring me except for when they need something or to post passive aggressive FB messages.

This is the damage that the doctrine of shunning does. It destroys families and relationships. It's evil.

Best of luck with enjoying the freedom that comes from getting away from hyper-controlling nannies on a power trip. It takes time and you'll have some downs to go with the ups. But it's worth it in the long run.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit