UPDATE: Wife Pretty Much Knows That I Don't Believe

by JW_Rogue 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

We had a nice long talk and I brought up some things that make me think that this isn't the "truth" and she somewhat agreed with me. I stuck with things I personally experienced or had knowledge of plus all the changes in recent years. She agreed on a lot of the points but still believes in God and the bible. She just believes some people in the org have the wrong attitude or bad motives. Not sure where to go from here, she wants to move to a new hall. However, I'm sure part of her motivation is to get a fresh start where we can try to be more "spiritual" together. She thinks that if you have doubts you can fix it by doing more. I tried to tell her that she can't change how she feels and it's not wrong but I think she feels guilty about it.

• tiki
    tiki

Moving to a different hall might be a good thing...not knowing the people and having to form new bonds can be very eye opening....

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Maybe changing halls will show her other things that she didn't expect. Halls can vary a great deal depending on the elders. My old hall seemed pretty nice but one night I went to another hall because I had missed the mid meeting. What I saw had my head spinning. Too bad I didn't take it as a wake up call.

It seems like you are taking it slow which is good. Hope your endeavors with your wife work out and she gets out.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    Moving to a different hall might be a good thing...not knowing the people and having to form new bonds can be very eye opening....

True, it's just I think we both have different motivations for moving to a new hall. She wants a fresh start to try to be more spiritual and I want to get away from people who know me and continue to distance myself from JW life.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Changing Halls isn't going to change the fact that the WTS/Jworg. was and still is a sinning commercialized false prophet acting in apostasy against Jesus's instructions for preaching his New Kingdom Gospel and all those who participate and support this organization are sharing of the sins of this organization.

You cant be loyal and subservient to these men and be faithfully loyal to Jesus and Jehovah if your wanting to be in righteous appeasement to both.

Jesus admonished his true faithful followers to not set a time upon god's own sacred time, now take that commandment in hand and look back what the Watchtower Corporation has done since its inception as religious publishing organization.

• Simon
    Simon

Why not go for a day out one Sunday, go for lunch somewhere nice, show the alternative life you could be living instead of the usual slog.

• Jerryh
    Jerryh

JW_Rogue, I never was a Witness and only lurk in this forum occasionally. The reason for my post is

because your say your wife believes in God and the Bible. So do I and this reference below is to the

most educational post I ever read here. You will see the OP was by Cofty. You will also see that he says

he no longer believes in the Bible but he is spot on. He may not believe it but the man knows what it says.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/260973/gospel-contrasted-watchtower-doctrine-ransom#/.U90v-_ldWRJ

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    Changing Halls isn't going to change the fact that the WTS/Jworg. was and still is a sinningcommercialized false prophet acting in apostasy against Jesus's instructions for preaching his New Kingdom Gospel and all those who participate and support this organization are sharing of the sins of this organization

Now you see my wife isn't quite on this level yet and honestly if some of the teachings bring her happiness then why should I try to stop her? My goal is just for her to accept my viewpoint without informing the Elders or letting everybody in the hall know what is going on. Her whole family is in the org as is mine. I want to be able to distance myself quietly without raising any red flags which will be hard to do.

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23
    She agreed on a lot of the points but still believes in God and the bible.

Get her over to www.GodIsImaginary.com - tell her to start with 1, and work her way through number 50. She will arrive at same conclusion as Darwin by point 5 or 6).

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Her whole family is in the org as is mine.

Yep have that situation myself but its a sad realization that due to the in depth indoctrination orchestrated by the WTS and its top controlling men , people look over what the bible really says and the exact words of Jesus toward his faithful followers.

Loyalty to whom will garner your personal salvation ?

When you get baptized as a JWS you have to make a vow of loyalty to the GB men of the WTS/JWorg. That too in not in scripture, in a matter of fact Jesus instructed his faithful followers to test the spirit to see if what they say is what he gave them to say, if not then he gave the instruction to not listen to this ones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit