My return to the WT...a terrible mistake

by JustHuman14 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• Chook
    Chook

I said to an elder that once you see the earth is round , no matter how much persuasion jws want to use to convince its flat.

• steve2
    steve2

How did you do it first time around? You sound very beaten down and you're correct, a warning to anyone else returning to JW organization who knows TTATT.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I never condemn anyone who wishes to return after learning TTATT, as long as people are making informed decisions with all the evidence available to them then that's fine. But im glad you seen for yourself how it is all superficial and fake.

Personally, i'd rather shoot myself that return to that cult.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Does your mom attend the same congregation? If she does than I could see attending one meeting a week period, no service, no answering etc. If she is attending another congregation then just step away....take a JW break turn the break into a fade.

As long as there are not any grounds to DF you they can't do anything. Change your phone number........ don't have a conversation with a JW be it an Elder or your Mom about your non beliefs. Don't open the door if a JW knocks.

If you get pinned down tell that person that you hadn't realized that the JW's were not protecting children from pedophiles. If your not familiar with the Australian Royal Commission re Jehovah's Witnesses and child sexual abuse....Google it. That's about all you need to reference.

That's on them not on you....in most cases they don't want to go there.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Thanks all for your comments and support. I'm trying to fade out slowly(if possible) I was inactive for 5 years before getting disfellowshiped, and I would have being OK if the other half didn't turned me to JC for apostasy!!! So this time I'm alone, and I will work out on the fading process. They have been some phone calls from the elders, so I'm giving excuses, with work and health issues. Is there a way that I can move to another congregation and somehow during the process will managed not to transfer my file to supposedly new one? I'm just thinking ways and maybe some of you faced similar situation.

When I sit at the meetings I find a nice isolated spot and I read other staff, or message a friend at skype!!!

Really I need to fade out, nicely so I can continue with my life. OK maybe a Memorial or a DA so you demonstrate that you are still there somehow, but to be honest I don't really feel doing even that... Is just so difficult to live in their world.

Even when I go 2 times a month still is hard...specially when they come up with the "new lights" is just insane.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am very sorry for you as I read your story. I do admire you for making an attempt for family relations and I do admire you for sharing your story to warn others.

One suggestion: If you cannot fade away slowly, then try fading away fast. Just walk away. You may lose connections with people, but you would lose them anyway in a slow fade. You may retain a good connection or two to family members if you were never disfellowshipped.

Good luck whatever path you take. Keep us posted and thanks for sharing.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

so --are you still df--or have you been re-instated?

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Hi Stan,

I was disfellowshiped back in the early 2000's and due to family reasons I have decided to go back(unfortunately)

OnTheWayOut, I'm planning to go with the smooth way, if possible, fade out...

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

human 14--you have decided to go back--? so--not reinstated yet then ?

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Yes Stan, I'm already reinstated

Giordano, I like your advice. Apparently I'm not living in the same congregation with my parents, I live very very far from them, and yes I speak to no one what I believe. Is dangerous and pointless

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit