Does anyone remember?

by dubstepped 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

So back when the Borganization took over the congregations and their money when "forgiving" the loans for the mortgages, I seem to remember there was a congregation that stood up to them. It didn't work, of course, but they caused quite a stir. Does anyone remember what congregation it was or any details where I could search and find more about it on here? I've tried to find some of the discussions but I'm not great at searching on here and can't remember any terms specific enough to locate it. I did some searches but could have done that forever and never probably would have found it with the generic terms I had in mind. I can't remember enough specifics.

Thanks!

• Half banana
    Half banana

I think it was Menlo Park Ca around or before 1986. Just had a look on this site under that name--wads of information.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Yep! I remember.

It was the MenloPark congregation.

If you go to : http://jwleaks.org/

you will find loads of the court documents too regarding this.

Zing

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Thanks peoples! My friend found it on his own somewhere with the court documents. He just let me know and I came here to let you know and you already let me know. :)

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

I may be wrong but wasn't there one in TX. Were they all quit the borg and sold their hall and the wt. Sued for the money and lost. Still Totally ADD

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Bohnam Texas!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

...and as I remember, the "forgiving" of loans wasn't done out of loving kindness as it was purported to be at the time. It was done because the U.S. government stepped in and said that the WT society had no legal grounds to be in the loan business as it had been doing for decades.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Search up Menlo park congregation.

There was also another one who did the same. Can’t remember the name but if I find it I’ll let u know Mike.

edit Texas yes, but wasn’t there one in New Mexico too or am I mistaken?

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Wow, I had never heard of the incident in Bonham Texas. Cool. Thanks for the info.

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

I think there was more- but when an elder or elders questioned things- dfed was the threat and sometimes the result of the questioning...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit