The latest from the rumor mill

by stillin 30 Replies latest members politics

• stillin
    stillin

Went to a mid-week meeting last night. And I got a dose of this:

The Witnesses in Russia have been getting shut down. Property is being seized and persecution has begun. Putin is a friend of Trump's. Politics all around the world.are taking a hard line on religion. It's coming soon.

There is actual, current news from Russia. Apparently, the WT is being labeled as "extremist" because of their views about being exclusively the right religion.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

I hate to see victims of this cult treated in such a way but the Borg needs to be shut down. Looking like their Armageddon is coming. Thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster for that.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

The Latest from the rumor mill....so they know about Russia, but not about Australia...ummm....

Just by this Topic, you just let me know that witnesses do know about child abuse and whatever the org. thinks they are hiding....Rumor Mill...the only reason they don't talk about it is because it will make the org. look bad to of course they would talk about Russia....they are finally being persecuted...this is what they are waiting for...

I have a friend that comes from Russia, and goes there often....he says the reason why they want to ban them is because they push religion down folks' throats...he says it's ok to talk about your religion, but the witnesses can be aggressive....he says they don't mind them, but do what you do quietly, let folks decide...this is first hand news....

Other countries are more lenient when it comes to religion....everyone knows about Russia, Communism...what did they think .....do they not remember Hitler...just preach quietly...

We shall see....I think JW's are in places they should not be, if they know what type of country they are in....that's why they recruited in Russia, this is a set-up for their persecution, that they have been missing for so long....The problem is most people don't even care about witnesses....

Again, so there is a rumor mill....I knew the friends know....about everything...they just don't talk about it....]

Tor

• zeb
    zeb

"because of their views about being exclusively the right religion." yet the gb has recently said they are NOT infallible. This means the 'wires' between heaven and Bethel are short circuited so the gb gets things wrong.

My sympathies to the innocent caught up in this.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Nothing has changed since I was in.

The JWs are so tired out waiting for the fictional 'armageddon(tm)', they are almost trying to wish it into existence.

• sir82
    sir82

It's coming soon.

LOL.

It's been "coming soon" for well over 100 years. Multiple generations of JWs have been born, lived, and died, all waiting for something promised to "come soon".

• stillin
    stillin

From what I read, the Witness stand of non-violence is part of their being singled out in Russia. Not bowing to the wishes of the motherland and all that.

Actually, I respect the Witnesses for that. I would think that there could be a middle road found to do some sort of non-violent service for their country.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Yes, it's going to happen any minute now. . . . . same thing I heard 30+ years ago. . . . . and these witnesses will be hearing 30+ years from now. . . .

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

So often, the members can get really cranked up on this stuff.

Obama was the anti-Christ, a secret Muslim who will cause the trigger.
    The Persian Gulf War was in the Holy Land, definitely was going to lead to the trigger.
    Inbetween, the financial crisis was going to do it.

When this one doesn't bring about the great tribulation, then what?

• kairos
    kairos

Discerning JWs will recognize the end of false religion ( their own ) started with the ARC.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit