The latest from the rumor mill

by stillin 30 Replies latest members politics

• smiddy
    smiddy

Lets see the Jehovahs witnesses start preaching in Dubai ,Jordan , Iran , ,North Korea , China (mainland) for starters

Go somewhere that christendom hasnt already laid the groundwork for them , and see how they go.

All they have ever done is follow on where christendom has gone before poaching their flock.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    preaching in Dubai ,Jordan , Iran , ,North Korea , China (mainland) for starters

Interesting observation!

Go somewhere that christendom hasnt already laid the groundwork for them , and see how they go.
    Also, interesting! Jews and Moslems as a majority don't buy it as much as those xtian rooted. It would be intersting to know what percent xtian root make up the jw. Anybody know?

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

Jews and Moslems (and Hindus) are generally immune because the Watchtower bag of tricks doesn't work on someone who doesn't already accept the bible as the word of God. Catholics and others had some good tricks to proselytise to heathens, involving setting up schools and other institutions. Watchtower doesn't do that, so can only proselytise to other Christians.

It is a bit like Hepatitis D. Hepatitis D is the nastiest form, but you aren't susceptible to it, unless you have already been weakened by Hepaptitis B.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

I'd always wondered about Japan, till I read a novel describing the inroads made by the Jesuits very early in the European presence in Asia. So, once again, someone else did the hard work.

• stillin
    stillin

Constantine did the "hard work." The Crusades were "hard work." Standing by a literature cart at a railway station is easy-peasy.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

This is like the 400th time the alarm bells have gone off.

What else can you do though, when you are told the end is coming soon, your whole life was put on hold so you could hand out pamphlets.

Everyone is grasps at straws hoping they get their ever receding reward.

• carla
    carla

This must have made it to middle America, my jw made a weird comment about the someone coming to get him. A veiled comment pertaining to his jw-ism, he said it as a joke but was just weird and out of the blue. I told him he had visions of grandiose and self importance. We chuckled about it and he went about his merry way. sigh.

Yes, we have our own weird language of talking or making comments about the borg without actually referring to it. An odd dance we do to keep peace. Such is life in a 'divided' house.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

stillin - "Went to a mid-week meeting last night. And I got a dose of this: The Witnesses in Russia have been getting shut down. Property is being seized and persecution has begun. Putin is a friend of Trump's. Politics all around the world are taking a hard line on religion. It's coming soon"

I sometimes catch myself wondering just what would happen if everyone, everywhere suddenly became JWs...

...WTF would the long-standing loyalist rank-and-file do with themselves? :smirk:

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

"The JWs are so tired out waiting for the fictional 'armageddon(tm)', they are almost trying to wish it into existence."

^^^That.^^^

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

Yep the mini Armageddon's are so called persecutions...like mini strokes leading up to if not taken care will lead up to the real thing...the Big Heart Attack....

I've heard how they are persecuted...but that could be their paranoia and will eventually be their great destroyer.

Tor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit