Just had huge arguement outside hall....

by Gadget 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Gadget
    Gadget

She's got an appointment to see a psychiatrist on 2 September. The problem with the nhs is the long queues. In the meantime her dr is making her visit every week. I've been trying to get her to go on a discussion board I found for depressed people which has counselors as moderaters but I don't know if she's been on it yet. Hopefully she'll get a taste for boards so I can encourage her to try this one.

I'm going to have a word with the PO about it, and if he gives a similar response(Would you side with one of your good friends/elder or with a df'd person) I'm going to see the CO again. The CO said we couldn't have contact, and that he was going to contact her elders to take action about it. If its wrong to contact her elders about things I want to know why the CO told me that he was going to do it, and ask what other advice the CO gave me that day is also wrong. If the PO says the elder was wrong, I want to talk to the CO about why an elder has been acting in this way.

Thanks everyone.((()))

Gadget

• shamus
    shamus

(((Gadget)))

Those bastards!!!!!!!!

Typical "love" in the congregation. I have been stonewalled like that with "loving" elders in the past.... I, unfortunately, can believe it!

I hope that anyone who is lurking checks out this thread and sees what kind of a horrible organization it really is.

"loving elders".... they make me sick! Can you say BLOODGUILTY???? That horrible horrible horrible man will have blood on his hands, and he won't even lift a finger to help a soul.

I am just livid right now! They care nothing about human compassion. They care nothing about their own agenda.

I am willing to bet you dollars to donuts that the sick bastard thinks it's funny.....

Look, that aside, you got to get her help, even if this means your not going to get "reinstated". A human beings life is worth more than a stupid man-made religion!

Please keep us updated on how she is doing... I am worried for both of you!

Shamus.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

WTF since when did spiritual guidance have a firggin jurisdiction

• Simon
    Simon

Go go Gadget !

Keep doing what you can

• Special K
    Special K

Hey Gadget,

Sounds like your having a real rough time of it. Sometimes talking to an elder is like talking to a "WALL!!

This elder is a jerk.. but then again how many elders real have any training on dealing with a person who is talking of suicide.

You might want to take a look at

Winston Smith post on

August 5... titled "My wife and I meeting with two elders. Their true colours shine through.." his wife is also having some suicidal thoughts.. You might glean something from the thread there.

I hope your girl does get some professional help, which I see after reading a further post that she is seeing her doctor weekly...etc

Do the best you can Gadget I'm behind you 100%

Hope you have a close friend to lean on .. or maybe someone on the forum you are closer to that you can tell them your inner thoughts.

Take care, Man....

sincerely

Special K

• rocketman
    rocketman

Good pont Sheila, since when indeed does provding help become dependent upon "jurisdiction".

Gadget, here's the thing - elders and jws in general too do not really care and do not wish to be botehred by things occuring outside their congregations. I found this to be true of elders especially. The congregation arrangement itself creates walls over which jws will seldom climb to help anyone. To a good extent, the same thing can be said of bookstudy arrangements too. I can't count how many times I observed elders concerned only about those in their study group; anyone else who had a problem was usually sent to their conductor.

As long as you try to do things the elder's way - and I know you want to play by their rules so taht you can be reinstated - you are going to have a lot of aggravation, and now quite possibly a serious situation with your gf's mental health and her very life perhaps. It may be time to ask yourself in all seriousness if it's worth doing things their way.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Amazing... she is talking about suicide and the elders are sitting around debating jurisdiction.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Gadget:

I don't know exactly what to say or how to say things well sometimes.....

This is your friend? And you're depending on ELDERS to "check on her"? Fuck jurisdiction or restrictions, this is a HUMAN LIFE and this is the LIFE OF YOUR FRIEND!!!!!!

Please go do whatever you have to do personally to make sure she is ok and gets the help she needs. Do WHATEVER it takes. Deal with repurcussions from the elders some other time, the most important thing right now is the life of your friend.

You may want to consider placing a call to your local suicide help-line which can be found in your phone book. Explain the situation and get some PROFESSIONAL advice (as opposed to what you may get here) on what you yourself can do to help your friend.

I wish the best for your friend. Please keep us advised and if you need to talk, we're here, I'm here, just don't leave it in the hands of the elders please!

Mike.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

hmmmm.....if anything *does* happen to your girlfriend due to the fact that this cong. serpent didn't lift a finger to assist when called upon, it seems that he would be liable to be brought up on charges of manslaughter. I'd keep notes.

Frannie B

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

I'm with Mike-Bendrr, WHY can't you do something about this? if you are too far away, definitely call a suicide hotline and ask advice and pass on the info. but please don't feel the elders have any 'jurisdiction' over your conscience because they don't!

Ravyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit