Serena Williams Pregnant

by wisdomfrombelow 47 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@ (((Sylvia!!)))...

• undercover
    undercover

First of all, she's not a baptized JW, so there's nothing they can do to her.

Second, she's a celebrity. There are several sets of standards when it comes to living in the JW world. Celebrity status gives you more freedom in your dress, grooming, associates, and behavior. Just ask Michael Jackson and Prince. oh wait... nevermind

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Just last summer she posted on her Facebook page the program for "Remain Loyal to Jehovah!" as well as a mirror selfie showing off her convention outfit.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    wisdomfrombelow - "...what is her status in the cult?"

"Embarrassing"...? :smirk:

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think this is just wonderful news !

I am pleased for Serena and her Feller, and I think it will drive home to young people brought up in the JW Scam (it ain't a religion!) that you can do what you damn well like if you don't make the mistake of getting dunked !

We had a young guy in our Congo. who swung both ways, never got baptized, and eventually got it together with a young JW girl, not sure if she was dunked or not, but they are now well away from the cult and happy parents.

Let's hope Serena escapes from any of the mental traps that the J W Org tries to hold you in.

• steve2
    steve2

She'll be fine cause the baby will be in her court.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I'm happy for her! About the baby. I feel bad though because I am sure she is likely still a believer that "isn't strong enough" to follow the WT rules. I'm only sad about that because she is likely not mentally free, she is just going to be dissed by every JW and feel guilty and later, probably not long from now, going to go back in-at least for a time-hardcore. People who are DA'd for "sin" often seem to have the regrets that those of us who leave on principle do not. Not 100%, but I am looking at the patterns I have seen for over 40 years.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Immaculate conception!

Look out your window for a star the day the baby's born!

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

I've given Serena a lot of thought in the past and I think that her parents may very well be the bottom line in re her decision to get baptized.

I can imagine that her father and mother have discussed this whole thing very carefully with Serena and given her specific guidelines about how she should walk the line of being an unbaptized Witness.

Like Prince, Serena has been very vocal and demonstrative at times about her connection to the JWs, and yet (like Prince) has never really changed their act. Some of what she does is simply reflexive as part of her winning and playing in tournaments. Running around the stadium with her sister waving the American flag is clearly responsive and showing good citizenship and pride. Not putting her hand over her heart in other situations shows her loyalty to the JWs. Telling a line judge that she'll "Fing kill you!" probably happened on one of her non-JW days.

I grew up with some young JWs who did not get baptized but came to the meeting and went out in service with their parents. Asking them why they all told me something along the lines of "my parents don't think I'm old enough to make that decision." I count them among having truly caring parents who decided early on not to have their kids locked in before they had a chance to understand the ramifications.

I also note that Venus doesn't really talk about the JW thing at all. No one has made it clear as to her status.

In any case, the whole Serena situation is full of double-speak and hypocrisy no matter what the facts may be.

JV

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh steve2, you really aced that one....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit