Did You Go To Meetings in Very Inclement Weather?

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• freddo
    freddo

@ttdtt--whats a PIMPO ?

PIMPO = Physically Into Male Prostitutes Online

J/K!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

thanks Fred--similar to what i thought.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Why Cant Big or Small J control the weather to be pleasant during meetings, FS and conventions ?

After all, its the most important Life saving work in this whole universe.Rain or storm or snow should only be between 10PM to 6AM, local time. All should be cleared at 7AM.

• minimus
    minimus

I’m glad that so many people say that their congregations do not have meetings during inclement weather. It’s ridiculous to risk the lives of innocent people.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I tried not to go even when the weather was good! lol

• minimus
    minimus

The older body I was on would wait till 5 o’clock before they would make a decision even though everyone knew that there was a blizzard going on. And if the circuit overseer was coming forget about it. We had to prove that we were better than the mailman

• sparky1
    sparky1

I remember in the '60's and '70's that meetings were rarely canceled. My family traveled over 30 miles one way to the Sunday and Thursday night meetings. We routinely traveled in blizzard conditions that most Witnesses today would not dare to venture out in. Our lives were put in danger because of the promises of 1975!

• Room 215
    Room 215

My experience was that people just loved when meetings were cancelled but would never admit to it.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

For the last five or six years every Sunday meeting on Super Bowl Sunday has been cancelled "due to inclement weather", but all the JDub Bowl parties come off without a hitch. things that make you go HMM....

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Meetings, hell field service. Snow and ice midwest and Saturday morning field service. There were more folks who showed up for field service than on a bright sunny day. My first year and winter serving where the need is great, hell there was ice frozen on my car windows, the road was icy so I figured no one will show. Yes my first year from California and no one in their right mind will show. Since I was the field service servant maybe I should show up just in case. When the friends starting entering the KH wearing their snow booths and heavy coats I thought, these folks are nuts..I didn't wear any snow outfit, I don't think I owned any at that time. Folks this was before 1975...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit