How Much of the WT Teaching Did You Believe?

by Ding 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I believed for a number of years that Jesus would of had to of died on the cross. I thought the 1914-1919 thing was just shear coincidence that WW1 coincided with those date. Cedar Point ohio and that revelation book was just nonsense.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS/JWS is mixture of ignorance hype and corruption structured within a single religious publishing house.

My personal experience of being a JWS for more 20 year as led me to not believe in anything.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I always struggled with the ransom teaching. I thought human sacrifice was barbaric, like throwing babies into the burning lap of the statue of the Canaanite god. Yet in my religion my salvation was based on a human sacrifice, of god's own son!

I've always thought in the JWs the teaching was used to emotionally blackmail people to give their whole lives and their money to the religion, because after all look what Jesus did for you. Think about those six inch nails!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

a very small percentage, I thought naively that were were some genuinely well qualified Hebrew boffins in HQ that could interpret the more complicated biblical doctrine and for a short time it interested me, but the biggies were the destruction of all non jw's at Armageddon, the 1914 Generation never sat well with me nor did the blood ban,the original sin the serpent deceiving Eve to this day just does not make any sense, its an insult to the intelligence, if God worked hard on this project of creating the Garden of Eden putting two perfect humans into it why compromise all the hard work? they were destined to fail the tests, its stupidity,nonsense,madness,and the "sovereignty" issue how much more suffering do we need to see, children/babies being murdered,people freezing to death on the streets,famine,etc how much longer FFS? its madness,insanity,a perverted voyeuristic,angry all powerful being sitting in the heavens watching all this depravity? words cant do this lunacy justice, when I was a young 21 year old getting baptised in 1988 I was mainly interested in the social scene and meeting chicks, just a social club really, by the very early 1990's and the vast amount of research that I had engaged in I was done, I was out.

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

I believed it all… When I stop believing (1995 generation teaching change) my attendance was sporadic for over a decade. I stopped going about four years ago.

• St George of England
    St George of England

All of it. Brainwashed from birth of course. Appointed as a Servant at 18, vacation pioneered all the usual. Then I got married and my wife encouraged me to go to University as we didn't have a lot of money. So I did and then concentrated on building a good career. So I never really thought about the doctrines, just bumbled along.

Fast forward to December 1986 (or 87, can't remember) when the group study stopped. I spent the time doing research and soon found this site. I soon realised two things, (1) I knew nothing about the Bible and (2) I knew nothing about JW's.

I am still a PIMO due to family especially Sis England and the fact I employ some really good JW's to do work for me.

If only the internet had been around in 1960.

George

• St George of England
    St George of England

Edit the above - Should have been 2006/7 of course.

Yet another very senior moment.

George

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

With me, it was like a scale.

For the first half of my life, the reasons for believing it was True outweighed the reasons for suspecting it wasn't...

...but bit by bit, the things I heard, learned, and worked out for myself gradually made the latter outweigh the former.

• SuspiciousMinds
    SuspiciousMinds

Someone else mentioned the Revelation book.

It's funny, I was a multi-generational born-in and I believed absolutely everything that Watchtower taught, since everyone I loved and trusted believed everything a JW is supposed to believe... except the ridiculous modern day fulfillments of prophecy the Revelation book attempted to have us believe. Even as a child, I knew some of the random claims they made without any proof whatsoever had no chance of being remotely true. It was never discussed of course, but I have a hunch very few others genuinely believed some of those claims either.

After that, as an adult, it was things like the stance on blood and only JWs surviving Armageddon had me questioning further until everything fell apart.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

All of it of course...... I could not have taught it otherwise.

That's until I woke up

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit