How Much of the WT Teaching Did You Believe?

by Ding 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I was a 19 year old convert and believed it like Doc & Sol says.

• waton
    waton

As a war child, I believed that humankind was in a life and death struggle, and jws had the bible answers, and gumption to stand up, searching out peace -makers, keepers from the hordes.

Minor doctrinal hang-ups, (chronologies) would be sorted out, vanish.

Well, they did not, became too glaring.; and abuse by those in wt authority shattered their claim to be The Only True Religion, but

some peace makers, keepers still give me comfort, pimo.

• inbetween09
    inbetween09

good Question.

I was raised as a witness,initially I believed everything.

Later, when my interest in science grew, I stopped believeing, that all animals will eat veggies in paradise, I had doubts about a worldwide Flood, and I thought the trumpets in Revelation were bogus.

I also anticipated a change in explaining the generation in the 90`s,

I always knew the Society got 1975 wrong, it was not the rank and file fault, as they tried to blame them.

But all this was not the real issue for me.

What started to wake me up were the inconsistences in their blood doctrine, because this meant life or death for people.

• Under No Illusion
    Under No Illusion

0%, as I do for all religions, let alone more 'cultish' ones such as JW.

My motive going in was never about the doctrine.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I believed what I was told or read, basically. Why would I doubt my parents choice of religion? Didn't they know best?

There were some things I had to 'wait on Jehovah(tm)' for .

I questioned things from time to time but was comforted by the old 'they're just imperfect men doing their best(tm)' nonsense.

It was only after I became an elder and then was involved more deeply with matters, really stopped me in my tracks. That's when I woke up.

• minimus
    minimus

I was raised to believe it. I was an apologist for the Watchtower. Then, by the early 80s with the Franz stuff coming out I’d go to out of state book stores looking for info on JWs. Then the internet, then .....

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

At one stage I believed most, if not all, of it - especially when I was working to meet the conditions for baptism.

Things kinda changed when the GB suddenly changed the 1914 teaching in Nov 1995. They had painted themselves into a corner of a room, then just decided to walk out, stepping in all the paint. That same Watchtower also had an article about what to do (or not do) in the event of allegations of child abuse.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I believed the basics in the Suffer Forever book when I studied that rubbish. But, I could not believe why fornication between consenting adults violates the rights of both parties, and once they started blatantly lying, I began to wonder. (And by blatantly lying, telling people to donate for stuff before placing it and then donating the money the householders gave is not double donating when it is).

But, worse than that was that joke-hova came off as demanding more than was sustainable. This was supposed to be a life course, not a 3-day event. Preaching as if it was the last few days is reckless if you could have years or more to go. It is also reckless to give up so much for this work, as if it was only a few more days. It might be reasonable to quit your job and give up recreation for a couple of days, but not for possibly 20 years or more. And, all other things occupying the bare minimum time--that is not balanced. And putting up barriers for all fulfillment is just not acceptable, especially for the long haul.

And why would someone that was blatantly evil (such as those communist leaders or bankers that stole their way into power to impose Noahide Law) but never had jokehovians call on them survive Armageddon or receive resurrections while I had to abide by the strictest interpretation of the jokehovian rules because I was taught that way? I can only hope that depp that brought me in that way has trouble understanding German the next time I see that thing--because that is all it will be getting. An explanation of how needlessly strict it was, that it destroyed all prospect of my living a normal life even under their own theocracy, and that the whole thing is to donate energy to the reptilians to enslave us all under Noahide Law, all in German.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Interesting and accurate imagery there LUHE

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The flood that didnt destroy at least one fast growing olive tree. And then a million people on earth 200 years later. Bible prophecy pointing to a small group camping in the mud and dust in Ohio or wherever.

Holy spirit appointed a man who attempted to seduce my wife ( very dear to me and that " thing" is rightfully mine and hers), did so with at least one other

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit