In Search of Christian Freedom

by berylblue 34 Replies latest jw friends

• shotgun
    shotgun

For me ISOCF was the first book I read after much of my own research.

I felt empty..still do by times but Ray's book simply explained so many biblical things that as a JW never made any sense.We were told to wait on Jehovah...don't understand no problem no one else does either....it's a mystery like the trinity which they so often malign.

I have not read COC yet but have read the Gentile Times Reconsidered....I had to lay off things for a while as it had become my obsession.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The order for me was CoC -- Then Gentile Times then ISOCFreedom and then The Sign of The Last Days --- Gentile Times for me was great but only knew about it because of Rays recommendation and bibliography in CoC --what struck me is I always knew the bit about earthquakes was wrong from my college education -- bu to see it in print from an ex-witness like CO Jonsson and mentioned by Ray was liberating -- not depressing -- And you shall know the Truth and the Truth shall set you free -- wonderfully liberating -- I am just a hypocrite though as at the moment I remain a witness

• Nickey
    Nickey

I understand what berylblue meant by the traumatizing part. Not saying Ray's books are bad. But the feeling of having your whole beliefs knocked down like a line of dominos. One after the other. Feeling like your heart just got hit by a bus. That can be a traumatizing feeling. Not anything personal towards Ray and his books. But just the information it contains about things you really believed in.

But I believe once you get over the initial shock and times of depression, you start to feel liberated. People react in different ways. Some more than others.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

sorry nickey if it appears I was diminishing your viewpoint that it traumatized you - -I here and accept what you are saying -- yes it must be absolutely traumatizing fro some to read Rays book

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

For any lurkers out there, you need to read this book to really see how far Brooklyn has deviated from the Bible...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit