Just wondering who on this board has a spouse that is fully in and your awake?

by goingthruthemotions 55 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lostwun
    Lostwun

Gttm I understand your situation well. Pm me if you ever need to talk privately.

My hubby is semi-awake but still not fully out as family pressure tends to keep him somewhat on a leash to their demands. He's been skipping out on meetings but once his parents come back soon from their missionary work, im afraid he is going to cave and start attending again because of pressure from his dad. Maybe he'll surprise me but I doubt it. We'll see....

just want you to know that I can fully relate to your ongoing struggle. Hang in there man.

Lost-wun

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Same situation even thinking about going back because I have found that they leave the non going mate out of everything. My kids may need me to step in and protect them from the fools at the meetings. It really sucks when you can't wake up your mate. Its a social thing as much as a religion thing. So I maybe one of those awake mates going to some meetings just to be thier for my kids.
  • Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    Hi goingthruthemotions, My wife (a born in) up until fairly recently has buried her head in the sand every time I raised an issue about the WPS (Watchtower Publishing Company). Recently however, although she will always be in as it were, she is beginning to see the wood from the trees. Something happened that deeply angered her and she wanted to speak to the elders about it. I had to hold her back, pointing out the fact that having read threw the elders manual and branch guidelines, she would be 'watched' as potentially viewed as disrupting the peace of the Congregation. There is much more to this I could go into, but I think she is slowly beginning to awaken.
  • Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    Oh btw, like crazy guy said, for many, it has become more of a social thing than a religion thing for both of us. She is very popular among the sisters and has a very large circle of friends.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I'm in that boat. (I'm awake she is not) but she us slowly changing. She stopped pioneering and is way way more chill and tolerant now.
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Hi,

Hubby, parents, immediate relatives, extended relatives, the vast majority are all hardcore JWs; it's a quite difficult to maneuver once fully awake as I am. However, it's all I know, sooooo..... a bit difficult my position.

DY

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

Count me in. When I was lurking on this site back in the day, I remember reading so many experiences of spouses dealing with this issue, it became almost an obsession to check in to see how others worked through this.

Hang in there GTTM there are a lot of us dealing with the same stuff, what we perceived to be a good life has turned into a nightmare. I often times feel like I'm just 'going through the motions'. I'm only prepared to do this for so long. I've set a date, where I'm prepared to walk away if things remain as they are there's only so much I can take. I'm putting thing in order for that eventuality. I'm getting to old to live this way. Pm me if you would like I'm in the SW as well.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    my ex stayed fully committed to them while I started to wake up, I had the hands over ears screaming hysterically whenever I would bring up issues of a religious nature, my waking up seemed to make her even more fanatical as well, she played up to the "poor put upon jw wife and opposing husband" and loved it, sick really.
  • Da.Furious
    Da.Furious
    Same situation here, although i still attend.
  • nmthinker
    nmthinker

My wife is a regular pioneer and I've been awake for more than a year.

She slowly is accepting the fact that I am fading and will eventually stop attending meetings. She even said that she wants me to stop going so she can move on with her life as a sister with an unbelieving mate.

I'm still pretty sure she will eventually wake up, she is very smart but also very attached to all the friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit