Just wondering who on this board has a spouse that is fully in and your awake?

by goingthruthemotions 55 Replies latest jw experiences

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8
    I am in the same situation as Lied2NoMore. I have been inactive for almost 6 years but my wife continues to go to the meetings and is more active than when I was a MS. After almost 2 years away, the elders attempted a shepherding call and I told them to leave me alone. That was it. As far as having religious discussions with my wife, it is totally useless to attempt any type of reasoning with someone who has totally surrendered their brain to the cult. I have long stopped bringing up anything about the cult and our everyday life has been harmonious.
  • zeb
    zeb
    Me.
  • PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

I am out 5 years now. Hubby has become an uber dub like lied2nomore's wife. Annoying to say the least.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    I do and am so happy to say that.
  • Naoscillator
    Naoscillator
    Awake elder here. My spouse is very in and really only gets excited about cult activities and "privileges".
  • baker
    baker
    my spouse is getting more and more annoying ever since they starting encourageing use of their videos. She just found out how to use technology and plays them constantly on her smart phone to no one,s delight but her. Bought her some headphones, but thinks others around her would like to hear the gibberish so doesn't use them often.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

She has a "wait and see attitude". Or "Waiting on Jehovah" ~ Kairos

My wife and I have that same "wait on Jehovah" attitude. We just are NOT waiting at the Kingdom Hall. We are waiting at Sunday Brunch, or while on Caribbean Cruises enjoying the beauty of "God's creation". No more wasting time, bored to tears at the CLAM or in FS. Pass that idea along to your wife. Jehovah is often very "patient" (slow to respond). She might as well enjoy life while she's waiting on his answer, vs living on the hamster wheel.

Image result for hamster wheel

Doc

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Thanks everyone....i am around a great group of people here on this board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

I am in pretty much the same situation. My wife was fully out when I met her (but not mentally or intellectually, as it turned out). She eventually got dragged back in.

• startingover
    startingover
    Add me to the list. Been about 15 years now, and if anything my leaving has driven her deeper in. One more from Central California.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit