After 15-17 years JW daughter coming by for a visit today.

by James Mixon 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I'am thinking about attending my brother KH just to show him shunning don't work for

everyone.....One time only no way will I ever go back. What do you think, bad idea????

The last time I was in a KH 1988.

• flipper
    flipper

JAMES- Hey I'm REALLY happy for you man. It gives me hope about reuniting with my 29 year old JW daughter as well ! I finally saw my 1st grandson in early May and my daughter was kind as I visited in their back yard with her, her husband , and my grandson taking pictures. I'm hoping to buy my grandson some toys and go by their house next Friday- taking it slow- just to show them and my grandson I love them. Won't talk anything JW with them though- just appeal to them through family love.

You asked about going back to the kingdom hall to prove something to your brother ? I don't think it's a very good idea. As I don't think it would accomplish anything. If anything- your JW brother would use your attending as a manipulation to convince your daughter, " oh LOOK ! James is attending meetings again, so should YOU guys his kids ! " SEE my point ? Your JW family might misinterpret it as you REALLY being interested in the JW religion again- and that would send mixed signals in my opinion.

You've done great with your daughter by just being a loving dad , showing unconditional love as a sincere authentic human which she responded to well ! None of us need to use the JW props anymore to appeal to JW family who in reality don't appreciate our authentic selves anyway or accept us as we are. Keep up the great work dad ! I admire your example- I'll try to follow it and I've learned from you as well ! Good luck ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Hi, James - Mrs. Flipper here. It is wonderful that you have reunited with your daughter.

While I totally understand why so many ex-jws have to attend the meetings so they won't lose their families, for the rest of us I feel strongly that we should not do anything in support of that organization.

The watchtower is responsible for terrible things. I feel that attending any of their events is sort of like looking the other way.

Just my opinion, and I never was a witness myself.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Thanks Mr and Mrs Flipper I see your point.I hope some day your daughter will return, my daughter

is 45 years old I hope it will not take that long for your daughter..

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

My fear for you would be the possibility of being put on the radar and then eventually in their crosshairs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit