After 15-17 years JW daughter coming by for a visit today.

by James Mixon 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Giordano
    Giordano

I am going to check back in a couple of hours to see what happened.

James and your soul mate I wish you the best for a loving reunion. Sounds like she may have fueled her total rejection of you because of her first husband. Hopefully she is at a point where family matter's. Bypass any argument re JW's or you being right. Just share family history.....the good parts.....be the most loving and caring person you can be even if it kills you! lol

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I agree with Giordano ! Don't talk about anything religion this time. I hope you have a wonderful visit!

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

It was very moving. We both shed a tear. She told me my JW elder brother and her new

husband told her enough is enough. Her husband told her I want to meet your dad, my

granddaughter who I have never met told I want to meet my grand-dad and my

JW brother told her you go by and see your father.

She told me dad, I was wrong and you were and still a good dad. I guess with my divorce

from my first husband you look at things differently, everything is not black and white.

My non JW family was waiting by their phone to hear about it, so now some of them will go

to the family gathering today at my JW brother home. My non JW sister told me when she see

my daughter today at the gathering she will give her a big hug.

What a great day!!!

I'am still not invited and that's ok, I saw my daughter and family.

One more thing, my daughter husband is not a elder or MS... Her last husband was a

Beth elite

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

James - Great outcome. Enjoy the moment. We are very happy for you.

• smiddy
    smiddy

That`s good news James , your daughter has softened her approach ,

smiddy

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Sweet there is proof that some people still have some love in that cult. I'm just afraid after the convention that might all cease.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

James. Im i so cal too. We should hook up sometime.

Besides that, i have found (fairly recently), that real genuine love and care, with STRENGTH behind it, rarely recieves confrontation. JWs seem to reapond to it like andnormal person would. I am glad you had a moment with your childrwn, and i hope it continues. Just stick with love. This is your blood. An opportunity will arise.......it just wont happen when YOU think it should......and thats ok.

Im happy for you man.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

JM, I'm glad to hear that things went well.

One more thing, my daughter husband is not a elder or MS... Her last husband was a Beth elite

Your daughter has chosen more wisely the second time around. I wasn't too much of an a$*hole while I was bethelite/elder, but I'm much better with this ex-bethelite, ex-elder, ex-JW thing!

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

I am so happy for you and the progress that was made. And it must be of comfort to have the support of the nonJW relatives who see through the crap. Yay for the grand daughter who wanted to meet you!👏

• zeb
    zeb

..and no we cant lend you any money..

but best wishes to you ..all

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit