After 15-17 years JW daughter coming by for a visit today.

by James Mixon 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Wow! This is amazing! We all just wait and wait for good experiences like this and they rarely happen.

I am so excited for you!

It's a shame you haven't met your granddaughter until now, but, how amazing is that? I hope you are able to build a relationship with her.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Oh my God!!! She might even wake up....They ALL might wake up!! (With time, as problem addict said...and not the way you might imagine...) As your daughter said...everything is NOT all black and white. Realizing that is the first step to waking up, isn't it??!? Just hope the Regional Convention doesnt mess with their heads!!

(Side note...do you think they don't say District anymore because of Hunger Games?)

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Thanks folks for all your support. I was so nervous, because last time I saw her she told

me I look so old. Not this time, a big smile and a long hug. I'am not sure what happen but

she have changed. This daughter had a scholarship to attend OSU but turn it down to pioneer.

Today she is a nurse. I ask her, so you went to college? She told me yes three years and I learned

a lot. So we agree to keep in contact and if she would like to talk about why I will never return, that's

ok. But we had so many other things to talk about.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

So happy for you! Grandkids are the best.

Marina

• kairos
    kairos

Happy for you.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Awesome James! That is great she became a nurse! I worked at a hospital, and got to know the nurses there, they work like a team, accept each other like family, maybe she is seeing that not EVERY one out there is evil. Maybe, just maybe they are helping her see the value of family?

If she had a great time with you, and you didn't talk "religion"... then she goes to the convention, she just might resent the shunning talk.

After having a "Bethelite" husband who was a 'jerk', she may just be realizing that there are better people out there (like you, the father) than she can find in the org.... She may even be realizing that you just may have had a good reason for leaving, and admiring your for taking a stand! Right?

• TheListener
    TheListener

YAAAAAAY!!!!!! Just fantastic news!!!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I'm so happy for you!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

So glad you could see your daughter!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

sounded like it went great, she clearly is waking up, like so many are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit