Why Aren't 2 and a Half Million JW's Not Sleeping Well at Night???

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I guess the sponsor feels that the rest of the Witnesses are sleeping pretty well.

• tbrgrace1
    tbrgrace1

Hello everyone,

It is nice to hear all of the talk about the seminar. I am one of the co-hosts. When we put the ads in the newspaper we had no idea that it would reach so many.

What we are hoping to do is to share information with Jehovah's Witnesses that they may never have heard before. The Watchtower has been less than forth coming with all of the information about its colorful past, its shaky present, and its uncertain future. We are hoping that the Witnesses who attend will be able to stick their head out of the cocoon and see outside of the Watchtower world. Then, when they look back at the Watchtower, they will hopefully see it in a new light and see it for what it really is. In our first seminar, we will be touching on six different areas. In future meetings we will be going into more depth on each of these subjects.

As far as the question of why two and a half million JWs are not sleeping well at night, from what we have observed, about one in three Witnesses are having a hard time with the "new light" and the "meat in due season" that they are being asked to swollow. Others are having a hard time seeing all of the love in the congregation that the Watchtower brags about. Many others are fed up with the hypocricy in their congregation and in the organization in general. Although, all of your responses in this forum are a distinct possibility. We have had a great time reading all of your postings. You all have a great sense of humor and good imaginations.

If any of you are in the New England area, we would love to see you at the seminar. For those who cannot make it, if you would like, we will share with you what happened and how things went. At this point we don't know exactly who will be there and what their status will be. We do know that there will be some ex-elders there, some current Witnesses, some disfellowshipped, some disassociated, and some who have been studing with the Witnesses. We even have a couple whose parents had studied with "Brother Russell."

We are praying that the Lord blesses our efforts and uses us to draw people close to Him. We would appreciate if you can to pray for us and those who will be attending our seminar. If any of you have any quetions or comments we would be happy to hear from you and respond.

Thanks,

tbr

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

I'm not in the area but i would be interested to hear how it all goes...

• shamus
    shamus

Yes, it would be nice to see how it went! Please keep us updated.

Sorry, I can't pray for you. I am not any part religious right now, thanks to the BORG.

• gumby
    gumby
    Sorry, I can't pray for you. I am not any part religious right now, thanks to the BORG.

OH Shamus damn you!................go ahead and pray anyway......whats the worst thing that can happen? ...................................................................and say one for me.

thanks to the BORG.

Religion was messed up waaaaaay before the Witnesses came along.

Gumby

• shamus
    shamus

Gumby,

I saw a bumper sticker once. It said " Praying Is Begging ".

• gumby
    gumby

Hey Shamus

I suppose if there is a God, then praying to chat with him, or thank him for all he has done would be OK. I would also want many questions answered. You are right though for one to think a god would make you ask before he intervens. If you have to ask then somethings already happened that you need help with, which is negative. I would think a God would work in a positive way.

Gumby

• minimus
    minimus

I understand that the seminar will involve a number of different things including mind control, false doctrines, subliminal WT. messages and the effects that JW's must undergo because of the belief system. And yes, it seems that the other JW's are sleeping pretty well, either because they truly believe everything or because they are too stupid to think for themselves.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Sounds like it could be interesting.

• minimus
    minimus

Tell me, do you put much stock in these "subliminal messages" that the Society supposedly does?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit