They took all the circuit's money!

by BackSlider 17 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac
    Marvin - I completely agree with you. Actually, I'm very surprised they haven't consolidated more by this point. It's coming though....
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    Once the accounts are cleaned out I don't see the average circuit or congregation building up that kind of cash reserve again.

Agreed. The sentiment I've heard expressed time and again in recent months to this very event (raiding of circuit funds) goes like this: Well, in the future when they announce a deficit I'm content to let the brothers draw from the funds they've already taken from us because that's what we used to draw from to pay our current bills.

The days of circuits and congregations building cash reserves is over. Donations are already falling and will continue to fall. Converts to JWs (those not raised in the truff) are having flashbacks to days when they tired of churches relentless pursuit of their hard-earned dollar, and they're sharing the feeling it leaves them with.

___

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Yes I have sat in those stupid elders "business" meetings. You have as much say as a typical congregation resolution. In other words, zero. A handful of brothers have already made the decisions based on "direction" from the branch. You are a putz if you disagree or ask any questions.

If this were a loving organization that was truly "Christian" and generous, then they would use the Circuit's surplus to pay for the assembly outright. There is no need for the "friends" to feel obligated to give for this assembly if they already have 50k in the bank.

How cool would it be to hear this announced from the platform,

" Friends, Jehovah has provided for our circuit in an abundant way! We already have more than enough to take care of our Circuit obligations. If you would like to make a donation to the WWW, then feel free to do that at any of the boxes... How does it make you feel, to know Jehovah has taken care of you in this way?....." (thunderous applause)

But that never and I mean NEVER happens. What do they do instead? Guilt-trip the attendees by telling them there is a deficit. That is an implied obligation and expectation for the attendees' to pony up. The 45k donation is mentioned separately as if it isn't the attendees' donations.

Gotta love greed cloaked in self-righteousness.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander
    Hey WT, you haven't gotten one red cent from me since I was 10 years old. I'm 36 now. How do you like that, assholes!!
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Quote from Jurassic Park 3 by Sam Neil;

''This is good, this is really good!!''

What I'm referencing this to is about the money grabbing. So this is what this ''big elder's meetings'' are about at District Conventions and Circuit Assemblies, is about money, hey?

This back door meetings seem so ''privy'' and secretive, yet it's just about more money grabbing!! Truly a disturbing yet annoying discovery. Wow.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They will see the zero donations from me. What they will not see is the roll(s) of silver dimes, quarters, or halves I get with the money I had available to donate toward the damnation of the whole human race. I don't give a fxxx how much they need. They stupidly donate to the Worldwide Damnation Fund what was on hand, they will not see me replenish the local funds (so it too can be sent to the Worldwide Damnation Fund).

And no, they will not see the silver.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Yes, they are making a mockery of the decades old expression that "we will NEVER solicit funds, nor beg for money" as has always been claimed by the society....
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Our congregation (that I used to attend) has their SAD on Sunday. I'm going with my wife. I like attending the circuit assemblies because of all the people I've known for decades. I'll let you all know if anything is announced regarding money being sent to the borg from the circuit.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit