They took all the circuit's money!

by BackSlider 17 Replies latest jw friends

• BackSlider
    BackSlider

During the assembly they made an announcement about contributions and as always mentioned how expenses outnumbered the contributions so far and we are at a deficit of $6700 or so. However, they then said that our Money on hand in savings for the circuit was $51,000 and that they voted and will be sending $45,000 of it to the society.

Who voted? And who asked for that money?

Has anyone seen this in their circuits?

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    Yes. They have been widdling down our circuits account as well. This last assembly they donated all but 10k from the account.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    are you able to say where --and when--this was ?
  • sir82
    sir82

Who voted?

The elders in attendance at the assembly voted on it. That's the "business meeting" that they always announce.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Truly I tell you today, Watchtower's cash grabbing is getting on everyone's nerves and will eventually be its undoing if it keeps on like it's going. Everyone, and I mean everyone, is noticing it.

___

• cognac
    cognac
    There's only so much they can take before there's nothing left to take. The JWs won't donate more because they have less in the account. Matt. 6:33
  • TheListener
    TheListener

I agree with previous posters. The average dubs do notice that the cash is being grabbed, at least the few I hear talking when I'm with my wife. They believe the end is near and the money is required to make it to the finish line.

Why God needs money is beyond me.

Once the accounts are cleaned out I don't see the average circuit or congregation building up that kind of cash reserve again. Especially as the end doesn't come and the dubs are scratching their heads about there being no end and no money.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    There's only so much they can take before there's nothing left to take.

True. But just wait and see what happens as more and more congregations get consolidated into distant KH facilities while the nearer KH everyone was used to attending gets sold off like just another piece of used-up real estate, with all proceeds going directly to Watchtower.

I'm telling you, JWs are starting to notice this relentless cash grabbing and they're tiring of it.

• cognac
    cognac
    I'd be like, "Welp, don't b*tch about donations when you just gave all our money away..."
  • steve2
    steve2
    What is scorned in other religious groups, is accepted in one's own. Hypocrisy writ large.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit