Shunning Hath Begunith

by Solzhenitsyn 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ZEB:

I agree with your suggestion. When and if the time comes in the future that the shunning parents are looking for money and assistance, I would say:..“if I’m rejected, so is my money. Please go ask the elders or the religion for money.” (Of course, this won’t work if the shunning parents are wealthy.)

If it were me, I would send my parents a letter now to that effect. This might get them thinking of the unintended future consequences of their shunning. I think a lot of people who threaten shunning are on their arrogant high horse and not thinking about what could happen. The religion isn’t going to take care of them.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''The religion isn’t going to take care of them''

Yes and Yes again.

Sometimes all it takes is one 'objective' look at things in order for people to change their minds. Like 'will the religion take care of them' long term. Fat chance.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BETH SARIM:

Yes, it’s not just an empty statement. The religion isn’t going to take care of anybody. They aren’t even taking care of bethelites who worked for them and who they kicked out.

Everybody has had a decade of seeing ousted bethelites to know what the reality is. When I came on the forum almost fifteen years ago (which flew by), I knew that all the Witnesses who didn’t want to plan for retirement because ‘Armageddon was coming’ were going to regret it. I also said I didn’t want to be anywhere near them when reality hit them.

I’m over eighteen years out and glad I’m not around listening to appeals for money both for the religion and for people who never wanted to work.

• carla
    carla

I am so sorry for the pain you both will be going through. I know it is no consolation but it is stories like this that I repeat to non jw who are horrified and will never join the jw's for this reason.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit