Nurses are unwilling to take the COVID-19 Vaccine

by adjusted knowledge 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    The government is now sending out 400 IU daily doses, which is totally useless. There is no evidence that this is nearly enough to rectify vitamin D deficiency or protect against viral infection. They might as well not have bothered.

Good grief how pointless! Although the amounts each person requires varies and you need to check with your GP, in the UK through the winter the elderly, housebound and (because vit C is fat soluble) the obese will require far higher particularly initially!! I’ve been taking 10,000 iu and Fouchi takes 8000 per day. 400 is useless!

well I won’t be taking it

Well I certainly would have....except my kids caught it AT SCHOOL last week and now my husband and I just tested positive🙄 ( Teens are going down like flies at school which is certainly a major driver of the virus if u ask me)

As far as I know only 2 health care workers (with pre existing allergy conditions) had a reaction to the Pfizer vaccine.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Thanks. That’s good to know. I take 4000 to 5000 IU daily. If it’s good enough for Fauci, why isn’t he telling everyone to do it? Just one more reason not to trust these people.

What I find disconcerting in the public information about the vaccine is that they repeatedly state that “no corners were cut” and they are sure the vaccine is completely safe. I would have more respect for the message if they said:

“The pandemic is such a huge public health hazard that we have decided to proceed more quickly than normal, and realistically there will be an increased risk that the vaccine could involve adverse reactions, but we believe it’s safe for various reasons (insert explanations), and on balance we judge that the increased risk is preferable to allowing the virus to spread and kill more people.”

That’s a message I could have some respect for.

I hope you and your family make a full recovery. The vitamin D will hopefully be a help.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

An upvote for vitamin D. I'm chronically low so my doctor has put me on prescription vitamin D 50,000 iu. I take one pill every other week.

It's helped with my mood. It's helped with PMS. And I haven't been sick very much recently. Some people are just chronically deficient, especially during the winter when there isn't much sunlight.

Plus it helps your body absorb calcium which is important so you don't get osteoporosis and break bones by just sitting down on a chair or lifting up a glass of milk.

• Simonsez
    Simonsez

The misinformation being posted here is astounding!!! For example....

because vit C is fat soluble [Vitimin c is water soluble not fat soluble. Look it up]

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

here in the UK the vaccine is being rolled out amongst the elderly care home residents first. Are they being used as guinea pigs ?

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina
    And what's happening with young children and pregnant women? Are they getting it? Is it safe for them?
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Simonsez, I’m pretty sure vitamin C in that case was a typo and the poster meant vitamin D, which makes sense in the context.

And I agree with Stan, there is possibly an element of “testing it out” on the elderly first.

At the moment I don’t think there are plans to give it to pregnant women or children at all. In those cases they perhaps judge the risk as outweighing the benefit. But instead of saying so they will probably invoke the limited number of vaccines available, instead of conceding that risk versus benefit is a consideration.

• Sad-u-see
    Sad-u-see

I am an RN and I will not be taking it. The majority of nurses I personally know will not be taking it. There are a few who will.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

My hospital started asking and a large majority doesn't want to:

- COVID is not the threat it is purported to be by the media. If you're young and have no co-morbitities, you're not likely to die, otherwise all of our hospital nurses and doctors would be dead now.

- Both Biden and Harris on the campaign trail said not to trust the vaccine, Cuomo said not to trust the vaccine. A lot of Democrats won't trust the Trump vaccine.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    I vote for all politicians being injected with it first - we can totally spare them. - Simon

lets start with Biden/Harris/Pelosi

maybe we’ll get lucky

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit