Nurses are unwilling to take the COVID-19 Vaccine

by adjusted knowledge 44 Replies latest jw friends

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

I work at two separate hospitals and most of the RNs I work with have stated they won't take the vaccine. I've read a report that 1/3 of RNs will refuse the vaccine. For those in other countries do you see this being an issue or is it more an American phenomenon?

Coronavirus vaccination: Nurses, physicians await clinical trails (usatoday.com)

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I think it will be an issue in other countries, too.

And, whether it's a good or a bad idea to refuse the COVID vaccine, I don't think people should be forced to take it. Do we force people to take a flu jab?

We all have freedom of choice.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Hospital workers here are required to take the flu shot. There is a mistrust of the fast tracking, new technology, and limited testing; among all the population not just nurses.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Nurses in the UK have no issue about taking the vaccine. Indeed I'm not sure if they would be allowed to work in some areas without it. (I'm an R.N. by the way)

I'm afraid like a lot of conspiracy type ideas, they often originate or seem to take hold in America. I think because much of it is seeded in the Christian right.

NB No one can be forced to take it as that is legally assault by any medical professional who administered it to a person who did not consent to it!!!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Do we force people to take a flu jab?

Heathcare workers here are required to take the "flu shot".

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Wanting to

" read the details on the clinical trials first ” is not conspiracy theory it is a sound scientific approach which health providers should go along with.

Occasionally in UK there have been breaches of trust by professionals. Responsible officials acted to set up monitoring to prevent against such things happening again. But people change their jobs and whole departments get restructured - within that, the excellent monitoring procedures can get forgotten/lost. Therefore checking that a health provider/service is ok is wise.

Remember Dr Shipman?

His method of murder was consistent: a swift injection of diamorphine - pharmaceutical heroin. He killed 71 patients while at the Donnebrook practice in the town and the remainder while a single-handed practitioner at his surgery in Market Street. The majority of his victims - 171 - were women, compared with 44 men.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Shipman

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

Then they should be fired.Also not allowed to be employed in the health care industry until they do.

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

Then they should be fired. Also not allowed to be employed in the health care industry until they do,

The hospitals can't keep the units staff with RNs and so I doubt they will resort to mass firings. The heavily hit area hospitals already paying travel RNS $3,000-$6,000 a week to work and still struggle to fill positions.

The two hospitals I work at have a mandatory flu vaccine policy and refusal requires wearing a mask the entire flu season. I've not seen nor heard of what the policy will be concerning the covid-19 vaccine. I attend to take it as I do with the flu vaccine.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I saw statistics about this in a report, and anti vaccine sentiment is much higher in the US than in Europe and the UK. The US might struggle to get enough people to take the vaccine to suppress the virus in the population, but other countries will probably reach high enough uptake.

I’m not sure what I think about the vaccines. I suppose it will probably be safe, but it’s not out the question that it could turn out to be dangerous. I don’t think you need to be an anti-vaxxer or a conspiracy theorist to be somewhat apprehensive about a vaccine that was developed so quickly and reportedly relies on novel techniques and mechanisms. It wouldn’t be the first time medical science has made a serious mistake, not even during this pandemic, when we have had experts tell us masks don’t work only to tell us later that we must wear a mask, and publish studies in top medical journals, only to be withdrawn because the methodology was faulty.

I have read reports that the companies who are producing the vaccine are doing so on the basis that they won’t compensate anyone for adverse consequences. Is that normal? It hardly inspires confidence. If they won’t risk their business, then why should I risk my health?

Plus scientists and the media are still trying to tell us this virus didn’t emerge from a laboratory. I simply don’t believe that, and I’m distrustful of an establishment of experts, scientists and leaders who still expect us to believe that. If they can’t or won’t honestly identify the origin of the virus, do they really deserve to be believed?

The government, doctors and all forms of media should be sensitive how they handle the issue. Reasonable concerns about the vaccine should not be dismissed or suppressed, or else it might backfire.

Having said all that, I believe the vaccine will probably be safe and I will probably be vaccinated myself when the time comes.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Yes quite likely the medical procedure is safe. Most plane journeys are safe but if your hijacker/pilot has been feeding his mind on clap trap you could end up in a twin tower.

Good to check out the pilot, airport security - the plane (as you get on), ideally all the passengers etc etc. When it's your life, you are daft to be reassured by others saying 'oh it'll be fine'. Do your own due diligence to the extent you can.

Let's face it we've all be had by Watchtower. An outstanding bunch of wolves, fully up to speed on disguise and capable of deploying cutting-edge thumb screws.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit