How many JWs actually died in Nazi camps

by dogon 41 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    sfb: Some of the JWs who signed the declaration did so as a form of "theocratic warfare". And that others did so as a result of pressure... is hardly surprising given the circumstances.

(from the first link I posted)

...the form letter that BS/Jws were usually required to sign to be released was a pledge to give up the doctrines of the Watchtower and to not engage in the proselytizing work. Contrary to what most Jws today will tell you, these letters were signed by the BS/Jws in Germany that were arrested - about 50 percent of those sent to prison signed the letters before they were released and only about 10 percent signed them once they reached the camps. As John-Stucke points out in her essay*, it was not advantageous to the BS/Jw prisoners to sign the letters once they reached the camps because it was in effect, potentially signing their own death warrants. The men who signed would be sent to the front to fight and rarely returned. Staying in the camps was the safest and best way for the Bible Students and JWs to survive the war. Especially when they got assignments that placed them in places of privilege that fed and clothed and sheltered them - they ate while many in the rest of Europe and Britain starved.
    The myth that the BS/Jws didn't sign the papers because of God-loyalty is rather misguided - the lack of signing was not always a resistance/martyr move - it was a 'save my ass' move. Yes...many got badly treated because of not signing the papers...but many also took advantage of not serving at the front.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

According to Dietlieb Felderer only 203. He was comissioned by the GB to research and prove the claim that over 60k were imprisoned and died.

After his research and findings.. he got disfellowshipped.

http://www.revisionists.com/revisionists/felderer.html

• Londo111
    Londo111

Tragic, but fascinating. Whatever the truth is, it is more complex than what Watchtower has presented.

Adding: upon reading the link, I just realized is a website to deny that the Nazi Holocaust happened! Egad!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Londo: Adding: upon reading the link, I just realized is a website to deny that the Nazi Holocaust happened! Egad!

Yes...Felderer was a witness for the defense in the 1988 trial of Ernest Zundel in Canada

http://www.ihr.org/books/kulaszka/falsenews.toc.html

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Most importantly....who came to liberate them? Jeevoova? no. It was the good old US Army, and Russian Army.

The same evil armies that JWs denounce. The same armies that JWs take pride in not joining because they can only be used for bad things.

If you ask a JWs how else could you defend a city or country against an invader, they will tell you that Jehovah defends his people. Yeah? How has that worked for you in the past?

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus
    Adding: upon reading the link, I just realized is a website to deny that the Nazi Holocaust happened! Egad!

Correction: it's not a website that denies the Holocaust. Is a website that list the names of the most prominent revisionists.

• Giordano
    Giordano
    redvip2000an hour agoMost importantly....who came to liberate them? Jeevoova? no. It was the good old US Army, and Russian Army.

Lets sweeten the pot a little......the five star supreme commander of the European Theater Dwight Eisenhower the man who made it possible to rescue everyone who was still alive in the concentration camps was raised a JW!

Eisenhower's family originally belonged to the local River Brethren sect of the Mennonites. However, when Ike was five years old, his parents became followers of the WatchTower Society, whose members later took the name Jehovah's Witnesses. The Eisenhower home served as the local WatchTower meeting Hall from 1896 to 1915, when Eisenhower's father stopped regularly associating due to the WatchTower's failed prophesies that Armageddon would occur in October 1914 and 1915. Ike's father received a WatchTower funeral when he died in the 1940s. Ike's mother continued as an active Jehovah's Witness until her death. Ike and his brothers also stopped associating regularly after 1915. Ike enjoyed a close relationship with his mother throughout their lifetimes, and he even used a WatchTower printed Bible for his second Presidential Inauguration. In later years, Eisenhower was baptized, confirmed, and became a communicant in the Presbyterian church in a single ceremony on February 1, 1953, just weeks after his first inauguration as president. In his retirement years, he was a member of the Gettysburg Presbyterian Church in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Giordano: Lets sweeten the pot a little......the five star supreme commander of the European Theater Dwight Eisenhower the man who made it possible to rescue everyone who was still alive in the concentration camps was raised a JW!

And the WT published an article in the January 8, 1957 Awake! magazine that gave a rundown on Ike's political campaign (successful) for his second term as President of the United States:

http://wtarchive.svhelden.info/archive/en/Awake/g1957.pdf

• stillin
    stillin

Nazis suck. So do liars.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

WTF??? I just read some of that Awake trashazine. WTBTS writers have got to be some of the dumbest writers in history. Their "scientific" commentary on Giants vs Dwarves made me laugh out loud and yell, "WTF???!!!"

I'm sure I look crazy, sitting in my car..... LOL!!!!

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit