what is the craziest book the dubbers ever published?

by dogon 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Londo111
    Londo111

Hands down...Finished Mystery.

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

I really can't decide between the Revelation book and Life: How Did it Get Here. These were both my favorites when I was a kid: Revelation I liked because of the bizarre, apocalyptic imagery and Life contained just enough pseudo-science to satisfy my doubts and my affection for real science. However, soon I was reading worldly books that trumped these on both points. Compared to The Book of the Subgenius, Revelation is pretty tame; and Richard Dawkins exposes Life for the simplistic straw man argument that it is.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The book we study currently is pretty crazy: The Kingdom is ruling, but... invisibly.

That is some pretty crazy shit! 🤔

DY

• steve2
    steve2

Finished Mystery (1917) is hands down the winner.

Given that it was based on Revelation and written under the shadow of 'the Great War' (which history later called World War 1), it is not surprising that it reeks of paranoia, narcissistic entitlement and condemnation of secular rulership.

It also has the distinction of being the Watchtower publication that was almost outdated and needing revision as soon as it was secretly 'released'.

But to JW apologists, its chief distinction is that its deliberately law-and-order defying contents led to secular authorities arresting and imprisoning its authors and/or those who disseminated it.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

My first book: Paradise (orange) I was 5 years old!! Just for the pictures, my crazy mother would read this to me at bedtime! Lol

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The Silver New World Translation of The Holy Scriptures.

• dogon
    dogon

Rainbow, When I was a dubber I often wondered "How did I get here. "

• tiki
    tiki

Well...those dead bones that came alive and refleshed picturing the dudes that landed in the slammer in 1918 And then got released to return to blasting the old harlot....ie revelation...grand climax at hand.....that's got to be a classic. I remember those book studies...over and over again with the new lights...trying to make sense out of some of that bizarre stuff.. Seriously...what does it all really mean....it is a very scary scenario the aged apostle painted.

• carla
    carla

Doubtfully Yours,

What is the book they are currently studying?

My vote is for their Bible because it is so perverted, in my opinion.

Millions Now book for obvious reasons.

Harp of God is pretty amusing too!

• dogon
    dogon

I just got the book Children. Its got some crazy crap in it. Page 313 telling the great crowd to wait till after the Big A to have kids. Now they would be in their 70s. LOL. What a bunch of douche bags.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit