what is the craziest book the dubbers ever published?

by dogon 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• scary21
    scary21

Did anyone ever read the lime green book, I think it was called " Your will be done" ? I use to lap all that crap up, but that one was just impossible to read, so I can't tell you what it said.

• David_Jay
    David_Jay

Onthewayout,

Not just the newly revised "Silver Sword" edition, but ever edition of the New World Translation.

From the viewpoint of someone who has been speaking Hebrew my entire life for (almost) the past 50 years, and Biblical Greek for the past 20, in my opinion, the craziest, most asinine and totally messed-up thing they have ever published was and is the "New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures."

They might as well have made up the whole thing from scratch because it is such a far cry from what's really there in the original-language texts. And what gets me is when they try to defend it: people who can't read the Hebrew in my Siddur or my Hebrew Bible when I stick it in their faces yet claiming to defend the NWT's renditions anyway! That's insanity.

I recall that I developed some serious questions about the NWT when I was among them as a teenager and was told in response that I was lying about knowing Hebrew. That was the answer I was given from them, and that's the treatment they give to serious academic challenges: You have to be lying.

It's a fools Bible, a poor excuse for a translation, and come to think of it an act of sacrilege. They should be ashamed of such a shabby thing, but instead they are quite proud of it. In my humble opinion, their crazy claims in their books, tracts, magazines, brochures, and videos pale in comparison to their claim that they have authentically translated the Scriptures...and most accurately.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Which was the one in the late eighties that was about evolution. Creation book? There was a section about penduline tits. Yes folks it's a bird, but there was a huge amount of shuffling and smirking at the book study I attended.

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll
    David-Jay: They might as well have made up the whole thing from scratch because it is such a far cry from what's really there in the original-language texts.

Amen! I regret not being able to understand Hebrew myself, but I did once read a version of the Torah that purported to be a literal translation into English. Not only was the book actually readable (a far cry from most English translations I have read) but I was shocked to read that at one point Abraham actually curses God in His presence! Apparently Christians censored that part out if their 'translations'.

• flipper
    flipper

All of them are crazy. All the WT Society publications have some kind of bat shit crazy mind control indoctrination in them. It's not just the " Revelation " book or the " Babylon the Great has Fallen " book that are the most dangerous- it's even the most subtle books like the " Family " book or " Young People Ask " books that have insidious mind control indoctrination within them. It's hard to pick just one WT book that's the most dangerous- they're ALL dangerous

• Ding
    Ding

My vote is for The Finished Mystery (1917).

What does it contain?

1. Michael is the Pope.

2. Leviathan is the locomotive.

3. The churches will be destroyed wholesale in 1918.

4. A certain distance mentioned in scripture is the distance from Scranton, PA (where the book was published) to WT headquarters in New York, provided you go by way of the Hoboken ferry. (I'm not making this up.)

And that's just scratching the surface.

As one XJW elder said when he read it in the 1970s, hoping it would bolster his faith in the WT, "I concluded there is no way that Jesus -- looking at this book in 1918 -- would name the organization that published it as his faithful and discreet slave."

He disassociated because of it.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

The Finished Mystery is the brainchild of a self-proclaimed demon possessed person (and his sidekick). The book certainly reflects that insanity.

That book, however, spawned a whole genre of craziness in the form of a magazine series - the Golden Age magazine. For a trip down the rabbit hole of historical madness and quack science/medicine, just read some of those old gems.

https://archive.org/search.php?query=Golden%20Age%20magazine

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

what is the craziest book the dubbers ever published?

One of the most Absurd WBT$ Books, is the WBT$ Version of the Bible..

They even gave it a name "Silver Sword", Bible wasn`t good enough..

Image result for Watchtower bible silver sword

Image result for Watchtower bible silver swordImage result for Watchtower Geoffrey jackson

WBT$ GB "Rock Star" Pope, Geoffery Jackson..

Sometimes Likes To Dress Up As a Rabbit..

Image result for Watchtower Geoffrey jackson.

• dogon
    dogon

Seems the unofficial craziest book of the cult is the 1917 The Finished Mystery.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I can't remember the name of this one book that was published in the late 80s or early 90s. I was on my way out and didn't pay much attention to it, but I swear I heard that the book talk about populating other planets.

Of all the creepy nonsense that they publish, I think that thing was what made me think of the concept of "drinking the Kool Aid".

Does anyone know what book I'm referring to?

I'd vote for that one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit