what is the craziest book the dubbers ever published?

by dogon 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dogon
    dogon

So I was wondering what book is the nuttiest they ever printed? I know there are several in contention for first place but which is your vote for no 1? Also if you don't mind post a bit of what is in the book you pick to show why you picked it.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The FinishMystery

• freddo
    freddo

In more recent times -

Revelation Climax!

Jeez what a pile of deluded crap with cut and paste (literally) extras.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Revelation book! What was that about? John eating magic mushrooms on Patmos.

• kpop
    kpop

Revelation book! What was that about? John eating magic mushrooms on Patmos.

I think the History channel has a great documentary about this and other ancient "seers." They claimed that many of the ancient seers lived in caves, like John, and hallucinated due to gases that collected inside the caves. Once you start to dig a little, it all makes sense.

And just for the hell of it, everyone should smoke a blunt before reading Revelation. It all becomes so clear!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Once you start to dig a little, it all makes sense.

Yeah just don't dig for too many fly agarics.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Q.: What is the craziest book the dubbers ever published?

A.: The next one.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

The "amendments" helped me to see what a crock if sh*t it al was.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Has to be:

From 1920 WT publication "Talking with the Dead":

p. 116 Materializations
    "These materializations occur by a power which the demons posess of being able to draw out of the mediums body connected streams of the cells of which her body is composed, and then changing the form of these living cells into any desired appearance. They thus transform the medium into a hideous octopus-like creature, and this is the reason seances occur in a dimly lit room, with the medium in a cabinet, so that the circle of investigators cannot witness the horrible scene as it really is."

p. 123 Demons control mediums by seizing the base of the brain
    "The cerebellum of the brain is the power house of the body and it is from this center that the evil spirits seek control over the reasoing faculties, located in the cerebrum, and over the whole body."

p. 126 Heavenly whiskey, dentistry and manure
    "According to Sir Oliver Lodge's book 'Raymond', the spirit world is inhabited by spirit beings who have flesh but do not bleed. They wear tweed clothes, drink whiskey and have manure piles."

• Syme
    Syme

Wow, the competition in that field is severe...

One that pops into my mind is the "Life - How did it get here?" book (the blue one). It is full of quotes by a guy that the WT referred to as 'evolutionist' but really was a paranormal TV guy. And full of quote mining. It is the definition of pure, good old creationist crazy literature.

There was another book about the prophecy of Ezekiel, I don't remember its title. That was also a strong candidate.

Of course, the Revelation book is one that reeks of craziness. The only rational explanation for that piece of art is that the authors were really high, completely stoned, when they wrote it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit