My Ex Wife Admitted She Doesnt Believe It's The Truth

by pale.emperor 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Sounds like if you weren't found out and exposed you and the wife could of maybe just faded and moved away from her parents all would be fine. Unfortunately nothing ever goes smoothly when your waking up in a cult, to much emotion.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

This is all kind of sad. I wish I had words of wisdom, but I am curious if you think she wants to get back with you. If she did, would you dismiss it instantly or would you mull it over in your head/heart a bit.

I think a gf after 4 months of separation from a wife who (weakly) left you in bowing to family pressure would maybe not have as much hold on your heart than the mother of your child. I'm not sure what you had hoped for but for the WTBTS as regards your wife, but man, being with someone who is OCD is not the worst thing in the world, but someone who is trapped in the WT world and has your daughter captive along with her seems like a horrible scenario, especially if you have any feelings left for your ex.

I have seen first hand what divorce does to families and kids. If I could have my kid full time, even with (meh) ex and no relatives, I'd take it in a minute, now that I know exactly what the reality of being separated is for my son and both his parents. My ex was not a great husband, but I thought that my good intentions would make divorce ok for them. I didn't. And while I am happily remarried now, had I had the option to have them both back, I would have put up with the ex for my son. But we weren't JWs. As it is, my family all rejected me and my ex has made some stupid moves in the interests of getting his own revenge, instigated by idiots around him who have different agendas.

Your ex's family is the one that has agendas against you. Don't ever forget that if she stays in, not having any other options, they are going to push and support everything they can to keep you on very bad and very negative terms. It will likely never get better and your daughter is in the middle of it all. She is the one that matters. You know, but your wife is still trapped in the web and her support system is in opposition to you.

I don't know what your hopes were before this blew up in your face, but my hope for you is that your daughter is never raised in such a twisted ugly system. Not even 4 days a week.

• Divergent
    Divergent

Shadow:

Married 7 years then new girlfriend within only 4 months??? I feel sorry for your wife

For f***s sake! His wife LEFT him, and he was disfellowshipped and ostracised. In such a situation, you can either be depressed and wallow in misery or MOVE ON. And move on is what he did. I would say GOOD for him, who the bloody hell are you to judge???

• never a jw
    never a jw

From all this, the happiest news is that your daughter's chances to grow up in a healthy environment just got a lot better.

• Chook
    Chook

I'm no expert in the family relation department but for it to survive you have to have your sanity, your own sanity first then the little girl ,she's your little princess and you are her protective knight. Well how to juggle two women in the mind would give me headache.

• DJS
    DJS

Thanks Divergent. Spot on. That's the Genesis of my sarcasm above. Pardon me if I'm skeptical about Ms. OCD"s motives, but methinks there is more than a bit of manipulation with her.

Could she really be remorseful about betraying Pale so quickly and wickedly? Anything is possible, but the description of her 'remorse' as provided by Pale leaves a lot of doubt in my mind.

Bicch needs to be crawling through broken glass and fire, IMHO, with a sincere apology followed by actions, such as:

Leave the cult. And get some counseling for the OCD and black heart thingey.

Pale, I don't know if your current GF is a good thing or not, but every fiber in me says believing Judas", I mean Your ex, crocodile tears is a very, very bad move.

• Heartsafire
    Heartsafire

Let me get this straight...now that she got her way, abandoned you when you were found out, went along with her crazy dad/family, and hangs with the disapproving elders she has a sudden change of heart and thinks you were right all along?

Sounds like a real piece of work to me! It could be that she wants you back and is missing your company. Sometimes it takes losing the best thing you ever had to realize you were wrong. Perhaps that is her experience.

Maybe you can help her get out and fade. This is certainly your daughter's best hope at having a cult-free life.

I understand you have started a new relationship, however, it would be rather romantic to court your ex-wife all over again--this time as "worldly" persons;-)

• DJS
    DJS

Hearts,

You had me at hello. You lost me at it would be romantic . . .

Whaaaaat?

In my experiences, there are no Regarding Henrys, Epiphanies, or Roads to Demascus.

People don't change. As Ms Angelou once stated , when someone shows you who they are. .

believe them.

• Heartsafire
    Heartsafire

DJS, yeah I know I can be all over the board with my comments. I'm the type that analyzes from every angle good and bad. Never fails to trigger someone or something. Anyway, your comment made me giggle. 😸 You know, crawling through broken glass one...

• never a jw
    never a jw

Pale emperor,

Whatever you do, proceed with caution, your ex is not to be trusted. Nothing wrong with her good intentions. It's her ability to remain steadfast and resolute that has me concerned. She has proven before to be unreliable. However, she may sincerely be crying for help, and you are the only one that can offer that. I truly feel sorry for her, she is trapped and lacks the strength and the means to solve her own problems. Play hero if it's in your heart to do so, just proceed very slowly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit