Secret Societies involved at the very top of the Org

by Formerbrother 40 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

V,

Have you not watched National Treasure?? What more do you need? I feel like I’m doing all the leg work here..

DD

• TD
    TD

Imagine what life was like before PC's, before the internet, before mobile phones. Television was three or so black and white channels that went off the air at 10:00 PM. (Okay, some of you don't have to imagine....)

People satisfied the human need for leisure time via bowling leagues, bridge clubs, etc. What else was there to do?

Now imagine what life was like with no television or radio at all. Men's and women's clubs, like The Loyal Order of Moose, The Odd Fellows, The Shriners, The Daughters of Isabella, The Knights of Columbus, Rotary International, Kiwanis etc. were as common as grass.

Cities all across the U.S. had signs at their borders showing which of these organizations had local chapters so you could hook up and make new friends and/or business contacts when you are traveling.

People talk of Russell being a Freemason as if it were something dark and sinister. I'm mildly surprised that he wasn't. (There really isn't any hard evidence for it.) My grandfathers and great grandfathers all were and it was not at all unusual at the time. Lots of men did and if it wasn't the Freemasons, it was something equally loopy.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Are all the GB members past and present, part of Skulls and Bones and other masonic secret societies?

No for fuck sakes, conspiracy theorist

They were corrupt power seeking assholes though

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Lol, yes!!! Let’s not forget that “religiousity” was and is a great control mechanism for those who seek to impose their will on the masses.

I have no doubt that at least some “Secret Societies” are all about getting theirs at the expense of the ignorant masses, and all about keeping them ignorant.

Why would some shadow group use JWism when it’s so dumb? Easy. Different bait for different prey. JWs are 8 Million pacifists, just smart enough to push the button, and just dumb and scared enough to never question..

Do we have to involve demons in all this?? Not in my opinion.

DD

• vienne
    vienne

No surprise that he wasn't a Mason. There was considerable agitation among Christians against Masons and other 'secret' societies. Russell was exposed to that. He found his niche among YMCA evangelists, circulating tracts and night time street preaching in 'doggeries' [Very low class bars and taverns] and pool halls.

If you're interested, we document this in Separate Identity, volume 1, available via lulu.com or Amazon.

He also pursued internally sponsored church functions. He tells of his disappointment over Church Fairs and his distaste at selling tickets for them and the degradation [as he saw it] of female church members. Russell came from the conservative side of an ages long church divide. Philip Schaff, a 19th Century historian and religion writer described it as "a conflict between separation and catholicism: Between the idea of the church as an exclusive community of regenerate saints and the idea of the church as the general christendom of State and people."

Modern readers are not used to his use of an un-capitalized 'catholicism.' He meant not the Catholic church but an all inclusive universal church. Russell believed that the church was the habitation of saints, not open to unregenerate sinners. We consider this in volume 2 of Separate Identity, which is, thankfully, nearing completion. Joining the Masons or any other secretive group would have run against his ideas of Christian behavior and association. He felt that the work of Christ came before anything else, even if otherwise 'innocent.' So frivolous associations and events took one away from Christ. This was not a new development in his theology but came from his Calvinist background.

On these grounds alone, we would conclude that Russell would not have been drawn to the Masons.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Russell is NOT the borg of today he's just the excuse for the borg of today so what Russell was is neither here nor there except that WT uses him for their backstory of the humble bible student searching for truth. When we all know without a doubt that this religion did not have the immaculate conception the borg would like to claim it did. WT lies!

Russell's ideas were infected from all strains of quasi religious claptrappery. The total mindfuckery and corruption really started to metastasize under later leaderships and continues down to this day to the life's blood sucking, family destroying, money making cult we know it to be.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Somewhere in the book 'What Pastor Russell Said' he was asked about the Masons, and he had mostly negative comments.

• TD
    TD

No surprise that he wasn't a Mason. There was considerable agitation among Christians against Masons and other 'secret' societies

Thank you, Vienne. Catholic opposition to Freemasonry has been well known, but I did not realize the degree of it in Protestant denominations

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Are all the GB members past and present, part of Skulls and Bones and other masonic secret societies?

Probably not. Even if they do, and I was a Freemason for a tad, it's meaningless.

These secret societies are always run by one the demons, there are several competing secret societies around the world

Demons don't exist, neither does god.

I have to say in your defence, when I first left the WBT$ corporate scam, I thought the same sort of thing. I was a Jobot for too long. However, after a lot of critical thinking and looking for evidence, I changed my mind.

Wasanelder once. Is this you?

Image result for i like turtles

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Shriners International, also commonly known as TheShriners, is a society established in 1870 and is headquartered in Tampa, Florida, USA.[1] It is an appendant body to Freemasonry.

Shriners International company describes itself as a fraternity based on fun, fellowship, and the Masonic principles of brotherly love, relief, and truth. There are approximately 350,000 members from 196 temples (chapters) in the U.S., Canada, Brazil, Bolivia, Mexico, the Republic of Panama, the Philippines, Puerto Rico, Europe, and Australia. The organization is best known for the Shriners Hospitals for Children that it administers, and the red fezzes that members wear.

The organization was previously known as "Shriners North America". The name was changed in 2010 across North America, Central America, South America, Europe, and Southeast Asia.[2]

Despite its Orientalist theme, the Shrine is a men's fraternity, connected to neither Arab culture nor Islam. Its only religious requirement is indirect: all Shriners must be Masons (with the exception being in the State of Arkansas)[8] and petitioners to Freemasonry must profess a belief in a Supreme Being. To further minimize confusion with religion, the use of the words "temple" and "mosque" to describe Shriners' buildings has been replaced by "Shrine Center", although some individual local chapters are still called Temples.

Until 2000, before being eligible for membership in the Shrine, a Mason had to complete either the Scottish Rite or York Rite systems,[9] but now any Master Mason can join.[10]

While there are plenty of activities for Shriners and their wives, there are two organizations tied to the Shrine that are for women only: The Ladies' Oriental Shrine and the Daughters of the Nile. They both support the Shriners Hospitals and promote sociability, and membership in either organization is open to any woman 18 years of age and older who is related to a Shriner or Master Mason by birth, marriage, or adoption.

The Ladies Oriental Shrine of North America was founded in 1903 in Wheeling, West Virginia,[11] and the Daughters of the Nile was founded in 1913 in Seattle, Washington.[12] The latter organization has locals called "Temples". There were ten of these in 1922. Among the famous members of the Daughters of the Nile was First Lady Florence Harding, wife of Warren G. Harding.[13]

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shriners

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit