Losing a loyal friend of 14 years

by Still Totally ADD 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

This last Tuesday was one of the most stressful and sad days of our life when we had our lab Morgan put to sleep. She was so sick and out of it we just had to do it. When I called the SPCA on Monday to make a appointment to have her put to sleep I felt like I betrayed her. They were so kind and loving to us at the SPCA and put her to sleep with dignity and kindness. I realize this was the right thing to do but it really hurt. She will be missed but her name will be thought of for the rest of our lives. She help me through the years to get over alot of my PTSD and was a joy to have.

A few weeks ago the borg in their twisted thinking was teaching how dumb it is to have pets and how they are a waste of time. After all they have no emotions and feelings. They don't have a clue how pets are a very important part of our life and are not a waste of time. I will tell you what is a big waste of time is the Wt. Cult!

My only wish I have is a pet that has a longer life than 12 to 18 years.

She is buried in our back yard with flowers planted on her grave. Good-bye baby girl we will never forget you. For all those who have lost a dear pet take care. I feel your lost. Still Totally ADD

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Hey Still Totally ADD Im so sorry. I know exactly how you feel. When my beloved Doggo of 15 years passed away I held her in my arms as the vet put her to sleep. I appologized to her over and over as I too felt like I had betrayed her. I felt like a murderer if Im honest. I thanked her for being so loving and LOYAL as she stuck by me through the worst time of my life. The end of her life she had to adjust to being " ousted" by my newborn twins, but she took it with good grace and love ( she hated it when I bathed them and stood guard over them!! Water being a risk to young pups)

Still totally ADD few weeks ago the borg in their twisted thinking was teaching how dumb it is to have pets and how they are a waste of time. After all they have no emotions and feelings.

Those FOOLS in the writing dept!!! In the Whale and dolphin family's the part of the brain dealing with emotion is BIGGER THAN OURS, consequently scientists believe their capacity for love may be greater than ours!All animals have the ability to suffer and love, feel devotion to loved ones.

Of course they wouldnt know since they neither have pets nor are they trained in the sciences.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I am so sorry, I cried reading your post. Losing an animal is loosing a family member. They are part of your family, they are your family. Morgan will live on in your heart forever.

WT does not have a clue about life or love. They are a heartless cult.

Our hearts go out to you and your family!

Rest in peace sweet Morgan.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Sorry for your loss. Pets big or small give love and happiness. They aren't looking for ways to cheat you or browbeat you like some humans (looking at you WT) they just see you as the center of their universe (ok maybe not cats) and love you.

When they get older, you think if the time comes and they are suffering, you'll just have to put them to sleep (logically) But when the time comes, you waver. Never easy no matter how much you know it's the right thing to do.

• stillin
    stillin

I've had dogs that have been some of the best people I know. There's some truth to the "man's best friend" thing.

It sounds like you did Morgan right. Sorry for your loss.

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

I am so sorry for your loss. I think I know your feelings. Our Lab was put asleep 2 years ago. His name was Ludde (short for Luddonium, Vulgaris, Brutalis, Bestialis, Royalis) He also became 14 years. The two last months he didn´t even tried to follow me in my daily walk in our forest. He looked at me with his very sad brown eyes, and tried to explain that his legs could carry him and that I should have to carry him on my back if I wanted to take him with me. Now we are looking for a successor, If anything can supersede our Ludde….

• flipper
    flipper

STILL TOTALLY ADD- My wife and I are very sorry for you and your wife's loss of your dear Morgan. We've lost 2 black labs one in 2010, another in 2013, ages were 12 and almost 15.It's never easy. We send our deepest condolences to you both. Our animals are family to many of us, especially when they treat us better than any of our still living JW relatives ! That says a lot . Take care friends, Sincerely, Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Thank you all for your kind comments. I hate to say it but I think I cried more over her death than my fathers. But I was still in the cult and after all I would see him again. The cult knows how to suck the human emotions out of everything. Still Totally ADD

• flipper
    flipper

STILL TOTALLY ADD- Don't feel too much guilt my friend. I cried more over my pets dying than my staunch long time JW elder dad as well when he died a couple years ago. Cried rivers and buckets when my mom died, not so my father. There are legitimate reasons we react in these ways- and believe me, it's not our fault. Hang in there buddy. Your pal, Flipper

• Simon
    Simon

So sorry for your loss, unfortunately we know that feeling.

We lost our little dog Olivia suddenly and unexpectedly about 8 months ago and it's the most crushing feeling in the world not having her with us. It was very sudden so we weren't ready, but we never had to make the choice to pick the time to end it but I think it's the most loving thing to do if they are in any pain.

I miss her every day and she was more a member of our family than a lot of my real family are. The sweetest most affectionate dog you could imagine. She was very good with two aging cats we had - one of which wasn't well and was who we were expecting to go and died a few weeks after she did.

That dogs die is proof there is no loving god, because they are the greatest creatures and should live forever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit