Losing a loyal friend of 14 years

by Still Totally ADD 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I'm so sorry, your beautiful dog brought you so much comfort. I understand, I had a little cat that we got after leavingthe cult, she used to sleep on my pillow as a kitten.

She got me through, I owe her so much. She died at eleven from liver disease, no age for a cat.

• newsheep
    newsheep

Really sorry for what you have to go through. Our Rotti had to be put down last year. He stuck it out while I was going through my chemo treatments then one day as I was getting stronger he came up to me with those sad eyes and put his head on my lap. I right there knew it was time. He hadn't eaten on and off but at the very end he wouldn't even eat his favorite treats yet he wouldn't leave my side for a moment until he knew I would be ok.

Your dog was loyal to you but you were loyal to your dog for also sticking by his side as it took its last breath. I too took all my dogs deaths more harder than my parents. So sorry for your loss

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

My only wish I have is a pet that has a longer life than 12 to 18 years.

I suggest a turtle or a parrot. They are very intelligent and have very long lifespans. I agree. It's not fair that dogs live such short lives.

Edit: Okay maybe turtles aren't as intelligent as parrots, but I still like them.

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

There's a scripture that says, "Go to the ant you sluggard" (Prov. 6:6). There should be a verse that says, "Go to the dog you disloyal one"! As much as the WT emphasizes loyalty you'd think they would take a lesson from dogs. As many dogs as we've had, none were ever disloyal, especially Morgan.

Reopened Mind

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

So , so sorry for your loss. Hang on in there mate.Animals love you unconditionally n forever where humans fail/fall short of all them time. Hold onto the good times / memories you have with her.

Here's a big hug for you n your family.

Zing

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Oh my goodness I just got home from work to see all these loving and kind comments. I must say Zing what a geat picture. All are new friends also gave us support and love for our lost. Unlike the other times we lost pets while in the borg their thoughts were whats the big deal they are just animals. They are dead to concern and love for others. Again thankyou, thankyou, thankyou for all your love. Take care all. Still Totally ADD.

• zeb
    zeb

my condolences. and i hope the many fine happy memories you have are a comfort for you.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

STA

I`m so sorry for your loss I know exactly how you feel.

Take care friend.

• rockemsockem
    rockemsockem

Cats and Dogs are more than pets they become family. I have lost a few over the years and its difficult. What helps me is to adopt another from the shelter. I never get a cat or dog from a breeder or any kind of breed. They are too inbred and nothing of what they were 75 years ago. They are very unhealthy animals. Save one from a shelter and it will help with your loss.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

I remember back in 2010 we were in Pa. working on our log house. We had taken Morgan out to do her business. When see came in she was bleeding from her right front paw. Reopened mind having worked for a Vet for many years knew what to do to fix the wound. The problem we had was what to do to protect her paw when going outside. We came up with a idea to cover her paw with a sock. After just a few times doing this she started to come up to me raising her front leg up for me to put the sock when she needed to go out. It was so cute to watch. Then when see came in she would come to me raise her front leg for me to take off the sock. I'll never forget it. Thought you all would like to hear that story. Still Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit