How Far Up The Ladder Did You Go In JW Land?

by minimus 82 Replies latest jw friends

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

StephaneLaliberte:

I remember Leonce Crepeau well,

This man was quite arrogant and always running off at the mouth,

Nomal people keep some of their their thoughts to themselves,

Perhaps it's intelligence that is lacking here,

However, recent events have shown that arrogance is quite a common quality for many JWs in high places,

I've always thought it good to treat others with respect,

Wow, what an organization!

:(

Best Regards,

:0)

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Sparrowdown,

"One of the biggest illusions of JWland is that their is a ladder when there is no ladder only the illusion of one"

Of all the gems that have come out of this thread, that remark is one of the best!

The fact is the JWland itself is just one great exercise in Smoke and Mirrors.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I climbed to the same rank as domesticated pets, well above rank of the sisters.

• waton
    waton

"One of the biggest illusions of JWland is that their is a ladder when there is no ladder only the illusion of one"

like the district overseers found out, when the high rung they were standing on, was suddenly missing. ouch, ha ha. better have a parachute, or prepared cushy bed to fall down on. like a super cleaning company.

Saumur and Crepeault had something in common.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Auxiliary Pioneering on and off after graduation. MS for a few years then almost fell away.

Then came back strong. Became an MS again after years of hard work, then Elder for about two years. Woke up. Left. Took wife along for the ride after being stood up for dinner by some "friends." Never have regretted a moment since. This IS the best life ever...... not being a j-dumb.

• mrquik
    mrquik

Father-in-law was born in 1898. One of the anointed. Knew Rutherford personally. There was a letter Rutherford had written to a local in the Newark, NY area looking for spiritual guidance. Rutherford sent him to my father-in-law. Letter was framed & hung in the Palmyra, NY hall for a number of years. The father-in-law knew everyone. The Schroeders' were close family friends. I met a number of DO's, CO's & Bethelites. Many were regular guys you could talk to. I climbed up the ladder quickly thanks to the family. Servant, elder, worked the stage at all the assemblies, assembly talks, school overseer, worked on the RBC plumbing crew for a number of years. Looking back on 50 years in the cult, I view it as all a waste; that I had made First Mate on the Titanic. All these older ones that I looked up to, that I trusted, that told me I was going to live forever.... all dead. Thanks....

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

You are spot on Bungi Bill all smoke and mirrors.

• waton
    waton
    when the high DG ladder rung they were standing on, was suddenly missing. ouch, ha ha. better have a parachute, or prepared cushy bed to fall down on. like a super cleaning company.

for example: Charland & Filteau

Crepeault arrogant? no, knowledgeable, he knows things you do not! after all he is an accountant. figures figure. smiling by the numbers. like the Mona Lisa.

• Island Man
    Island Man

I once climbed all the way up the top of a ladder to do some work on an elder's roof after a hurricane - a two-story building, even!

• solomon
    solomon

I fell off the ladder, or was it the wagon?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit