How Far Up The Ladder Did You Go In JW Land?

by minimus 82 Replies latest jw friends

• sparky1
    sparky1

"Were You Ever an elder?"....................no, my conscience would not let me continue as a fraud. As I said in my post, "I changed congregations and refused any appointments."

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Just a publisher. To be honest I really wasn't interested in anything more. In the last 10 years I was in I felt even less enthusiastic. Never pioneered - I found D2D just to nerve wrecking. Extra congregational responsibilities was hard enough considering I couldn't even keep up with my own.lol

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

"Mediocrity perched on the dizzying pinnacles of hollow heads".

Does that not sum the whole business up beautifully, in only just one phrase! Thank you, Hairtrigger, for posting that gem of Winston Churchill's.

I never made it far up those "Dizzying Pinnacles" of the hollow heads - only for a few years toward the end of my time with the JWs was I a Ministerial Servant.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Interestingly being an ms or elder or piosneer etc isnt the measure of the watchtower ladder.

The measure of how far up the ladder you were is really to ask "how indoctrinated were you"

did you really think it was wrong to watch R rated movies?

did your really believe god was going to every man woman and child who didnt think your bronze age goat herder diety was right about everything?

Did you really believe that everything the gb (or wt) said was on par with the bible?

did you really think it was right to shun family and friends just because the watchtower said so...?

We could go on and on with examples but you get the point. Imaginary tittles (and tittles that only men could have anyway) were never the measure of the watchtower ladder... it was always how crazy were you willing to be for the cult.

• jesscd
    jesscd

As a female I was only allowed to hold the ladder, oh and maybe clean it (don't forget the head covering). I did make it to regular pioneer, but stopped there. I was a rebel and refused to marry into the elder hierarchy. Educated myself and was employed a bit higher than a house/window cleaner or secretary - that didn't sit well with the men. Was in the more elevated status of a well known elder's child and niece. They say it isn't about status, there is no status - such BS.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Elder for 11 years; MS for 5. Watchtower Conductor for 8 years.

Used heavily at District and Circuit level, especially for talks. Taught at Kingdom Ministry School (Elder School) including extensive instructions on child abuse. SICKENING!

Walked away in 2009. A complete waste of youth.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Just r&f, never aspired to be anything more, I was baptised early in 1981 & stopped going on field service in november 1981, so I had made sure I was well and truely off the radar.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

How Far Up The Ladder Did You Go In JW Land?

You mean how far low you went in JW land?

• a watcher
    a watcher

I never tried to climb the ladder. I was, and still am, only interested in loving and being loved by Jehovah and Jesus.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

The only ladder I climbed was at the "quick Builds" 10 feet or so to work on ceilings. Hated door to door work, meetings. Lied about my "service time"

I dont have these magazines any more around the house

The Watchtower Magazine Logo A writer's desk: the most widely read ...

Now I have these magazines around the house

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit