What Will The Future Hold For Jehovah's Witnesses

by VW.org 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

no-zombie

''For me ... and perhaps I'm going a bit nutty here ... but assigning each witness a number really seems more like an accounting tool. Could we be seeing the moves to introduce personal tithing? I always though it could be on the cards, as a way to solve their financial woes''

Yes. good point. I would not be surprised if they introduced mandatory tithing. With the perhaps flood of lawsuits worldwide from abuse scandals.

Introducing tithing. By some means of ''new light'' about obeying instructions at all costs even if it ''doesn't seem strategic from a human standpoint or not''.

And failing to obey mandatory tithing, one would experience the ''wrath'' of a cult.

• gone for good
    gone for good

John Cedars Reddit article mentioned a shunning case that is to be decided soon by the Supreme Court of Canada

Does anyone here know of the case/date/case file number?

Inquiring Canadians need to know... Thanks

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"John Cedars Reddit article mentioned a shunning case that is to be decided soon by the Supreme Court of Canada"

I wonder how many lawsuits WT has been slapped with because of the shunning?

• John Davis
    John Davis

ToesUp: Probably a lot. But how many have actually been lost by Watchtower around the world. Probably none or very very few of them.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Funny enough, I was at a Seventh Day Adventist divine service a few weeks ago and the pastor said that the church is introducing a new "electronic membership database" in 2018 to help record members worldwide. The main advantage was said to be that membership could be transfers from one church to another, which at the moment requires physical correspondence. I wonder if JWs and SDAs are using the same software.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Thank you John Redwood and vw.org for this. A very interesting post John Redwood. Your words particularly hit me that ordinary JWs in Eritrea and Russia are languishing in prison or under government ban, suffering terribly, while following the rules of overweight GB who travel the world businsess class and look out at their landscaped gardens listening to bird song. It makes me very angry.

• careful
    careful

Watchtower now embedding their pdfs with data so that they can issue subpoenas to isps to trace down culprits in the borg who are leaking this information.

Won't using a proxy get around that? Are the WT geniuses missing this or just counting on their leakers to be dumb enough not to employ a proxy?

SBF, unlike the SDAs any "member transfers" in the Witness world would entail a letter from one BOE to another which would not be done electronically, I think, at this time. Does anybody know the status on this?

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

Thanks John Redwood for this information. We all appreciate your time and hard work in all of this.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    gone for good9 hours ago9 hours ago
    John Cedars Reddit article mentioned a shunning case that is to be decided soon by the Supreme Court of Canada

Not John Cedars his name is John Redmond. He does do the editing over at jwsurvey , though.

He's the American guy who's general sage-ness keeps getting interrupted by Cedars on "Watchtower in Focus" on you tube, LoL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit